New IR receiver, double button problem on Windows 7

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

New IR receiver, double button problem on Windows 7

Postby dtrottman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi, my old IR receiver died so I bought a new one, Inteset USB External Infrared (IR) Media Center Receiver with Cable. After plugging in, I am now getting the double button problem. I did not have the problem with the old receiver. I have rebooted the system after plugging in the new receiver. Intelliservice is running, and the CodeSetNum(0-3) have values 1-4. What other info can I give you to figure out what is going on?

Adding info...
I opened Notepad and press "1" on my remote. I see "11" so I understand both Intelliremote and something else are listening to my remote.
I opened regedit and saw this registry key:
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da

I assume the answer is to delete this registry key. I will once you confirm. My question is why doesn't intelliservice deal with this? Is it because I bought an IR receiver that is MCE specific?

Thanks! Doug
dtrottman

Re: New IR receiver, double button problem on Windows 7

Postby dtrottman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 pm

This is an update to my original post. I haven't heard from Melloware so I took a chance and deleted the remote registry key like was suggested in another post that I copied into my question. That worked fine. It would be nice to get some explanation about why I had to do that. However, I am happy to be back in business.
dtrottman

Return to Intelliremote