HID Device Tester works good but Intelliremote don't works

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

HID Device Tester works good but Intelliremote don't works

Postby tatayoyo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Hello,

I post a new topic because i just buy Intelliremote and it don't works.
In first, i had problem with the install but i have supposed i had resolved the problem.
But i was wrong.
Why was i think it was working ? Because the application "HID Device Tester" was correct : when i push a button on my remote, the correct code (conform with your profiles) appear on the top of the windows with "HID..." and the right code. So i was thinking all was working good.
During sevrall days i have experiment PowerDVD13 and listed all the fonction with all the code appear in "HID Device Tester".
But today, i try to start to change some fonctions. And i have only now understand that Intelliremote don't works.
First the tray icon don't blink when i push a button on the remote (but the right code appear in the window of "HID Device Tester").
Second, when i push a button on my remote, nothing appear in the case "Remote Signal" in "Info" from the Pannel Control.
Third, when i try to change a action for a button in Intelliremote (for exemple open a application when i push the button "OK" on the remote), the change don't be active.
After severall tests and after thinking, i understand that Intelliremote don't works. But i don't understand why because the "HID Device Tester" works correctly.

HID Device Tester :
Device VID=$045E PID=$006D
eHome Infrared Transceiver (VID=$147A PID=$E03E Vendor=Formosa21)

and when i press "OK" (for exemple) on the remote it give:
HID (VID=$045E PID=$006D) = 01 00 00 00 80 FA FF FF 22 04 0F 80 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 80 FA FF FF

And all the button (48 button) of my remote give the good code (conform with your profile i foud on C and open with Notepad)
But when i change a action for a button in Intelliremote, nothing happen.

So why doesn't intelliremote works ?
Can you help me please ?
tatayoyo

Re: HID Device Tester works good but Intelliremote don't works

Postby Melloware » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:28 am

On the settings tab change Log Level = DEBUG.

Now press buttons on your remote.

Now on the settings tab press "Open Log FIle.." THe log will tell you everything that Intelliremote is trying to do with your button push and what it executes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby raymondjpg » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Old thread, same issue.

HID Device Tester appears to be working for all keys pressed on the remote. Notepad test registers number presses from the remote. Intelliservice is running. However Intelliremote Tray icon does not blink and learn function does not work.

How can I get this working?

Debug log doesn't contain anything helpful. The extracts below show identification of the Formosa21 Infrared Transceiver, and notepad is invoked but does not record any of the keypresses that were registered from the remote:

2/06/2017 7:50:10 AM [DEBUG] Checking HID Device VID=147A PID=E03E
2/06/2017 7:50:10 AM [ INFO] Found HID Device: Formosa21 eHome Infrared Transceiver

2/06/2017 8:20:00 AM [DEBUG] Opening LogFile...
2/06/2017 8:20:00 AM [DEBUG] ExecuteExternalApplication C:\Windows\notepad.exe C:\Users\raymond\AppData\Roaming\Intelliremote\Intelliremote.log
2/06/2017 8:20:00 AM [DEBUG] Window focus: notepad.exe
2/06/2017 8:20:00 AM [DEBUG] Loading profile: C:\Users\raymond\AppData\Roaming\Intelliremote\mediacenterwin7 - Copy.xml

(N.B. Nothing more in the log after this)

Devices from Tray icon settings tab shows:

SOCKET CONNECTION
TCP Socket : Listening on IP Address: 10.1.1.70:6000
TCP Socket : Listening on IP Address: 10.1.1.70:8009
UDP Socket : Listening on IP Address: 10.1.1.70:65432
HTTP Socket: Listening on IP Address: 10.1.1.70:80
Intelliservice: MCE Remote Service Running

HID DEVICES
HID Device: Formosa21 eHome Infrared Transceiver

OS Windows 10 Professional
Platform Intel Kaby Lake
Intelliremote Version 2.8.9.933
HID Device: Formosa21 eHome Infrared Transceiver
Remote Logitech Harmony 200
raymondjpg

Postby Melloware » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:53 am

OK your Formosa is a custom remote. Have you tried going into the Customize tab of Intelliremote and pressing Learn Key and then pressing the button on your remote to "learn it" to that profile? Then try the button in Notepad??
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby raymondjpg » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:14 am

Melloware wrote:OK your Formosa is a custom remote. Have you tried going into the Customize tab of Intelliremote and pressing Learn Key and then pressing the button on your remote to "learn it" to that profile? Then try the button in Notepad??

Thanks for the response. I found that Intelliremote would work after disabling the on-board ITEC Infrared Receiver. However even though Intelliremote is working now I have a persistent double button push issue that I cannot resolve.

Both disabling all MCE defaults with the regfix, and deleting the the codekeys from "CodeSetNum0" to "CodeSetNum3", also completely deleting the 745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da regkey in CurrentControlSet, either separately or together, did not fix the problem. I see someone else was able to fix the double button push in Windows 10 by deleting the codekeys, but what I have is Windows 10 in Kaby Lake which may be presenting a unique set of problems. Unless you can come up with a solution I will need to abandon Intelliremote for this PC and look for another keymapping solution.

Regards
raymondjpg

Postby Melloware » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:12 am

Since I don't own this remote to test I have no solution for you. Normally deleting those registry keys and REBOOTING your PC makes the double button push go away.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby raymondjpg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:30 pm

Melloware wrote:Since I don't own this remote to test I have no solution for you. Normally deleting those registry keys and REBOOTING your PC makes the double button push go away.

OK Thanks. maybe someone else will come up with a solution.

Regards
raymondjpg

Return to Intelliremote