Controlling multiple instances...

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

Controlling multiple instances...

Postby pinion101 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:43 pm

If I have a PC running two graphics cards and therefore two instances of media player, would Intelliremote allow me to send commands to one instance and not the other? I want to be able to browse a playlist and use simple play, pause, stop, etc commands without both instances responding, so I can run independent content to two independent screens and control that content independently. I have thought of running maybe VLC and media player at the same time as they would possibly have different IR commands for these features but I'm new to this. I imagine I'd need two sound cards too, but video is the priority for the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.
pinion101

Re: Controlling multiple instances...

Postby Melloware » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:44 am

WOW! You might be the first person I have ever had ask about this. I didn't even know this was possible.

So to answer your question Intelliremote send the MEDIA API command for "Play". It is a global command in Windows so any app that is open will respect that command. So my guess is the behavior would be that either...

1. The current In Focus app will get the play signal and start playing and non focused windows would be ignored.

2. All windows will get the Play command and begin playing at the same time.

So I am not quite sure what will happen in your case! However if you map in Intelliremote profile for Media Player the keyboard combination like CTRL+P to play or whatever the keyboard shortcut is to play instead of the global "Media Play" API command then ONLY the app with focus receives that keyboard event and will begin playing.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby pinion101 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:51 am

Awesome. Thanks for your reply. In which case, is there a command to bring a specific window into focus rather than toggling? For example, could I have video 1 and video 2 control sections and tell the play command in the video 2 section to bring instance 2 into focus and then send the play command string?
pinion101

Postby Melloware » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:02 am

You will need to use Scripting and the WinActivate script command like in this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7617
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote