MIDI sleep issue

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

MIDI sleep issue

Postby Keylonta » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:41 pm

I have an issue that's stopping Windows 7 entering sleep mode. When I run the command line "powercfg -requests" it shows that my Roland UM-ONE USB MIDI interface is the cause:

DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] UM-ONE (USB\VID_0582&PID_012A\6&39033b16&0&7)
An audio stream is currently in use.
[SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (RasMan)
Active RAS connection

AWAYMODE:
None.

Would this be caused by having MIDI enabled in the Intelliremote connections settings. I seem to remember this issue starting around the same time that I installed Intelliremote. On the info tab I see for MIDI Device it says UM-ONE. I was thinking maybe Intelliremote has an open stream with the MIDI device that's stopping Windows entering sleep mode after the amount of time set in the power options.

Also, should I disable all the connections and ports I'm not using? I only use HID.
Keylonta

Re: MIDI sleep issue

Postby Melloware » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:42 am

Absolutely disable anything you are not using. ANd I bet that is the cause of your sleep issue that Intelliremote is holding a connection to the MIDI device open.

So uncheck any connections you aren't using except for HID and restart Intelliremote. I think that will fix your issue. The old Creative Audigy/X-Fi Remote which was the very first remote I wrote Intelliremote for back in 2000, used the MIDI device to send remote codes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote