Profiles not matching replaced xml files

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

Profiles not matching replaced xml files

Postby Keylonta » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:21 am

I keep running into an issue when transferring profiles to another PC. It's confusing me cause I can't work out what's going on. I make copies of my profiles xml files from "\AppData\Roaming\Intelliremote" and transfer them to my other PC in the same folder as mentioned and replace the existing outdated xml profiles. Then when I start Intelliremote it's still referencing the outdated/deleted xml files. Other strange things to like I'll apply the changes to a profile and then copy it's xml file to my other PC, then when I start Intelliremote on my other PC the profile is in the state it was prior to applying the changes on my source PC (which seems impossible for that to happen). I've tried doing things like replacing the xml files and then running Intelliremote; reloading all profiles; deleting profiles, then closing Intelliremote and adding the xml files to the folder then opening Intelliremote and loading individual profiles; but I am still running into instances where buttons still have previous events assigned to them. Do you have any idea whats going on here? What is the correct way to update profiles on one PC so they match the profiles on another?
Keylonta

Re: Profiles not matching replaced xml files

Postby Melloware » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:17 pm

OK that is really strange what you are describing shoudl work exactly how you expect EXCEPT if you copied the profiles with Intelliremote still open?

You should close Intelliremote, copy the profiles to "/Appdata/Roaming/Intelliremote" root folder and then restart Intelliremote. You are saying that is not working?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote