How does PC wake if Intelliremote is asleep?

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

How does PC wake if Intelliremote is asleep?

Postby Keylonta » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Since installing Intelliremote I'm having an issue where sometimes my PC goes back to sleep the moment I wake it from sleep using the remote control power button (MCE PowerToggle with key event "PC Suspend"). After doing some testing I think it might be because I'm holding down the power button for too long, and so it's waking, then receiving another command and going back to sleep again. The reason I sometimes hold down the power button for a longer period of time is because it won't wake. This got me thinking; if all the IR commands are going to Intelliremote (for example, if I close Intelliremote, IR commands no longer work until I start Intelliremote again; or if Intelliremote is running and I unplug my USB receiver and then plug it back in again, IR commands don't work until I reboot my PC) then how do things work when the PC is in sleep mode? In sleep mode Intelliremote is not active and can't receive the Power IR command, so how is the PC receiving the power IR command to wake the PC? I thought Intelliremote had exclusive control of IR commands.
Keylonta

Re: How does PC wake if Intelliremote is asleep?

Postby Melloware » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:24 pm

It all depends on your driver and its called "Wake on USB" on your motherboard bios.

What happens is the PC wakes from sleep when it sees USB input from your remote. It wakes the PC up and it must cache the last button pressed etc and then resleep your PC.

Are you using the latest Intelliremote 2.8.7? We switched to a new way to Sleep hoping it would alleviate the issue. If you are on 2.8.7 then clearly it has not in your case!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote