General information on IntelliRemote

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

General information on IntelliRemote

Postby BartZorn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:59 am

Hello,

I am using Kodi (V16beta4) on my Windows 10 HTPC and I am looking to add some more functionality to my Philips MCE clone with an OVU412000 ir receiver.

Is there somewhere a general description of how IntelliRemote cooperates or interferes with Windows and/or Kodi?

Kodi offers some options to configure an MCE remote, but I find this limited. Specifically, some buttons on the Philips are missing from the Kodi configuration and I see no way to add them (until I found IntelliRemote!)

EventGhost seems also to be an option, but it has a very steep learning curve.

TIA,

Bart
BartZorn

Re: General information on IntelliRemote

Postby Melloware » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Basically anything you want to do in Kodi find a keyboard shortcut to do.

Kodi already supports Media Keys so in your Kodi Profile on the Customize tab of Intelliremote map the Play remote button to the Key Event = Media Play/Pause.

However in Kodi say to advance to the next track was CTRL+SHIFT+N. So in profile find the Next button or create a new Next button and map it to Key Event = CTRL+SHIFT+N.

So when you press that remote button Intelliremote will then execute that keyboard combination against the KODI window to perform that action.

Then you can get really crazy with Script events! Read the PDF for Script events for example.

Also we include in our profiles.zip an XMBC profile which you may be able to modify since KODI is the new XBMC right?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote