IR mouse control in combination with Intelliremote

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

IR mouse control in combination with Intelliremote

Postby Keylonta » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:41 am

I'm using Intelliremote in combination with a Logitech Harmony remote control. As far as I am aware, this is the most powerful IR setup possible without switching over to the iPhone app (I turn WiFi off when I'm not using it).

Would you be able to give me some advice as to how I could possibly improve mouse control for my current setup.

As far as I am aware there is only 3 mouse options available for controlling the mouse with the IR Harmony remote:

1. The Microsoft MCE Keyboard
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Keyboard-Windows-Edition-ZV1-00004/dp/B000AOAAN8

2. The Ortek MCE Remote Control
http://www.amazon.com/Ortek-Windows-Infrared-Receiver-Ultimate/dp/B00224ZDFY

3. The Chinavision PC Remote Control

I've tested all 3, and the only one that responds as you would expect a mouse to respond is the Chinavision remote.

So how I have set up my Harmony remote, is, using the Logitech software I have assigned the Chinavision mouse controls to the following number buttons on the Harmony remote:

2 = mouse up
4 = mouse left
6 = mouse right
8 = mouse down
5 = mouse left click

The problem with this setup is the mouse controls are permanently assigned to those number buttons regardless of which profile Intelliremote is using. There is no other way around this that I can think of that would allow for mouse control in combination with Intelliremote profiles. The only other option available is to switch devices on the Harmony remote when I need mouse control (switch to the Chinavision PC remote), and then switch devices back to the "Windows Media Center SE" device when I need to use Intelliremote. By the way, to anyone who's reading this, the "Windows Media Center SE" Harmony device is the one to use with Intelliremote. I have tested all the other MCE devices and they all have issues with various key delays between pushing the button and Win7 responding to the IR command.

So with this setup I cannot use Intelliremote to customize the above number buttons because I have assigned the Chinavision mouse commands to them.

Ideally I would love to be able to use Intelliremote to assign these mouse controls to the profile and buttons of my choosing. Intelliremotes mouse events are laughable or I must be doing something wrong because I can not get it to behave with the fluency of a mouse. The Chinavision remote in combination with the Harmony remote is the only workaround I have been able to come up with for proper mouse control with Intelliremote by way of IR control.

Is there anyway you know of to achieve what I'm aiming for?
Keylonta

Re: IR mouse control in combination with Intelliremote

Postby Melloware » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:30 am

I know what you are asking for. Intelliremote's mouse events are only able to move in pixel blocks in the direction you want to go in. The Chinavision remote must be sending HID signals that truly send mouse commands to windows like a real mouse.

Unfortunately I think your current solution might be the best one for mouse movement anyone has posted yet.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote