Some IR Commands not being seen by Intelliremote

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

Some IR Commands not being seen by Intelliremote

Postby justinhow » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:06 am

Hi
I have bought and installed IntelliRemote onto Windows 10 - 64 Bit.
I use this remote http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003ZV3J72 which gets identified as an Ortek by Intelliremote.

The remote works fine in all aspects as far as Plex and Kodi are concerned and has been for a long time.

The issue is that Intelliremote only seems to recognise/see a handfull of the remote commands. Mainly the transport ones (stop, play etc). When I press these the light in the system tray flashes and I can learn the command etc. in Intelliremote.
If I press most of the other keys on the remote the system tray icon does not light and it does not appear to be seen by Intelliremote at all although Kodi and the OS sees it quite happily. The HID Tester util supplied does not see these commands either but does the transport commands.

Sorry if this is obvious but I can't work out why it is not seeing all the remote commands.

Re: Some IR Commands not being seen by Intelliremote

Postby Melloware » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:19 am

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby justinhow » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:09 am

Hi
Is there anyway one can identify which remotes are fully supported by Intelliremote before I buy more that are not.
I thought I was safe using the Ortek VRC-1100 compatible as it is on your list but that did not go so well.
For instance what about the Hewlett Packard HP MCE Remote?

Postby Melloware » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:56 pm

justinhow wrote:Hi
Is there anyway one can identify which remotes are fully supported by Intelliremote before I buy more that are not.
I thought I was safe using the Ortek VRC-1100 compatible as it is on your list but that did not go so well.
For instance what about the Hewlett Packard HP MCE Remote?

Most MCE remotes like the HP work but they have their quirks too. I get asked this question a LOT and I hate recommending remotes because every remote has some quirks, or has something that one user likes but another user hates. Your absolutely best bet with Intelliremote is one of these...

http://www.usbuirt.com/overview.htm

Its a generic USB IR receiver that works with Intelliremote and just translates ANY IR remote you point at it into a signal that can be learned in Intelliremote. So a lot of people use their logitech Harmony or even a standard DVD Player remote with it. The only word of warning is some remotes send "reflecting" codes where every time you push the same button it toggles the IR code it sends. Typically you want to pick a remote that does not do reflecting codes and sends the SAME code for the button every time you press it. THe nice thing is we have a Start->Programs->Intellirmeote->UIRT Tester program that lets you try your different remotes out to see what kind of signals they send and whether they send reflecting codes or not.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby justinhow » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:24 pm

Thanks for that very informative reply. I may well look at those devices.

One last question - I think I can lay my hands on the original genuine Microsoft MCE Remote and Receiver (at zero cost) - does this work pretty well with Intelliremote?

Postby Melloware » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:28 pm

justinhow wrote:Thanks for that very informative reply. I may well look at those devices.

One last question - I think I can lay my hands on the original genuine Microsoft MCE Remote and Receiver (at zero cost) - does this work pretty well with Intelliremote?

Yes that works pretty well with Intelliremote. One word of warning if you get "double button push" behavior with it...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6130
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby justinhow » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:38 am

I can now confirm that a genuine Microsoft MCE remote and receiver does indeed send true HID IR commands for pretty much every key, unlike my Ortek compatible one.

Thanks for the assistance - I will watch out for double button push issue

Postby Melloware » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:58 am

Perfect!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote