Colossus+USBUIRT+Intelliremote

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

Colossus+USBUIRT+Intelliremote

Postby itprotj » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi guys,

I currently have a couple of colossus cards hooked into Windows Media Center and currently use IRSS to control channel changing. However this is most unreliable with every few channel changes failing to blast a digit correctly causing general tv viewing frustrating at times. I've been reading up about the USB-UIRT and it seems to be the solution to my problems.. A hub of sorts that controls up to 3 IR blasters. Before I go ahead and grab one I need to know if theres software out there that suit the purpose of the colossus channel changing protocol of sorts.

The colossus MCE plugin tells each card how to change channels and at the moment this is what runs on each channel change. (Note I am currently using a MCE IR device for this)
Card 1 C:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite\IRBlast-NoWindow.exe -host localhost -port Port_1 -delay 950 -channel %c
Card 2 C:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite\IRBlast-NoWindow.exe -host localhost -port Port_2 -delay 950 -channel %c

-port parameter defines which IR blaster port
-channel defines what channel to send to the set top box

My question is can Intelliremote work this way? so the colossus MCE plugin can call an external command program with parameters to change channels?

Thanks.
itprotj

Re: Colossus+USBUIRT+Intelliremote

Postby Melloware » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:50 am

You might want to review our User Manual PDF for the USB-UIRT and it commands for blasting etc.

http://melloware.biz/products/intellire ... Manual.pdf

From looking at it the blasting will be no problem but the part that concerns me is that you have 3 blasters and I don't see any way to distinguish "different" blasters only a command to "blast IR". SO it might not meet your requirements.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote