programmable remotes and USB receivers

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

programmable remotes and USB receivers

Postby cybmole » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:01 am

it is becoming harder to buy my preferred old fashioned cyberlink remotes and receivers. most eBay listings are now for the remote only, not the receiver
do any generic or programmable/learnable receivers exist that I could experiment with, or learnable remotes

i have two PCs that use hi-fi amps , place close to PC, & the amps each have their own remotes) one is a NAD3020, the other is a TEc AH01 . I would dearly like to be able ot aim a remote at the PC + amp and be able to control both devices via line of sight IR via a single programmable remote e.g. by using a Cyberlink usb receiver on the PC + the built in IR receiver in the amps. I doubt that I can find amp IR codes, I would need the remote to remote learning trick to program buttons
cybmole

Re: programmable remotes and USB receivers

Postby Melloware » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:23 am

Your only hope for pointing ANY IR remote at Intelliremote and having it work generically is to buy a USB-UIRT.

http://www.usbuirt.com/
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby cybmole » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:30 am

this worked well:
as the cyberlink USB receivers are so hard to find , I bought a cheap one for all or is it all for one ? learning remote( the zapper plus) and taught it some of the cyberlink remote keys using the" learn from original remote" feature, one key at a time

so the one for all now knows enough PC /intelliremote controls to operate PC plex media player, - arrows, back, OK, a few more for tweaking subs, - and VLC player, via the cyberlink usb receiver, and had keys left over which I was able to assign to my via-USB Nad 3020 D amp ( volume, source, power) , again using the learn from original remote featue

so one remote now replaces two

FYI I gave up on the troublesome netflix & amazon video via Microsoft edge and instead bought a 1st gen fire tv box, which goes to a spare HDMI on my monitor, with optical audio out into the NAD [ the 2nd gen Fire has 4k but no optical and i only want 1080 for now]. the only downside there is a badly implemented sleep on FIre TV which keep the HDMI port always alive, so my monitor goes grey/on, not black/off at night, unless I switch off the Fire TV box at the wall. It is an Ilyama monitor which auto switches to any single working source, so when DVI-pc -> sleep, it switches to HDMI for Fire and show as grey, if Fire is also sleeping.
cybmole

Postby Melloware » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Nice sounds like you have a sweet setup!
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote