Best IR receiver

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

Best IR receiver

Postby CutterKin » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:08 pm

When I first started playing with Intelliremote, I ordered a bunch of remote related stuff to see what worked best for me. Now I have a nice little pile of remotes and IR receivers to put away in a drawer for some future geek project... Anyway, I have narrowed it down to two IR receivers that work the way I want, a Microsoft eHome Infared Transceiver clone and a USB-UIRT.

Although either would work for me, I see that the eHome transceiver communicates with Intelliremote via UDP while the USB-UIRT communicates via HID.

So before I commit to one or the other I'd like to know if one is any faster, better, or more reliable than the other.

Is one a better choice than the other for any reason? Thanks!
CutterKin

Re: Best IR receiver

Postby Melloware » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:28 am

My personal favorite is the USB-UIRT. Faster and more reliable. The MS Remote works great when it works but since it requires the Intelliservice Windows service to intercept it and forward UDP packets it can also be brittle.

I have also see Windows patch updates make the remote all the sudden stop working and you have to reinstall Intelliremote.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote