Some answers to old questions I'm sure....

Forum to discuss RiverMote iPhone/iPod Touch client for J. River Media Center

Some answers to old questions I'm sure....

Postby avinteriors » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:01 am

Hi,

As a newbie to Rivermote, and one who has noticed the 'debate' over JRMC's API, I would like to ask if the following functionality is possible as they seem like obvious omissions for what should be fundamental features. Apologies if its all been asked before.

1) Can you not search by Artist then Album using a drill down method or search by letter method? The Artists and Albums are listed. Can the Rivermote server not be made to deal with this info even if JRMC cannot directly?
2) Can you not synchronise zones?
3) Can you not provide basic remote functions like cursor commands and OK. I don't see the value of a Theatre View button if you can't then navigate
4) As mentioned in another post, it would be nice to open the app without having to start music playing in JRMC first.

Otherwise, useful app.
avinteriors

Re: Some answers to old questions I'm sure....

Postby Melloware » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:03 am

avinteriors wrote:1) Can you not search by Artist then Album using a drill down method or search by letter method? The Artists and Albums are listed. Can the Rivermote server not be made to deal with this info even if JRMC cannot directly?

Nope, the JRMC API does not support library browsing thus RiverMote does not support Library browsing. If you search these forums you will see. See this post in particular.

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7991

avinteriors wrote:2) Can you not synchronise zones?

Nope. Feature not offered in the JRMC API.

avinteriors wrote:3) Can you not provide basic remote functions like cursor commands and OK. I don't see the value of a Theatre View button if you can't then navigate

Not currently. Never even thought about this one as I don't use Theatre mode. However the good news is there are a million apps out there that do allow navigation while in Theatre Mode. Air Mouse, Intelliremote, Logitech Mouse all for iPhone, iPod Touch!

avinteriors wrote:4) As mentioned in another post, it would be nice to open the app without having to start music playing in JRMC first..

This will be fixed! I was wondering why I could never diagnose this problem but the problem is now so clear. I must have always had a track loaded when testing!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to RiverMote (closed)