ios 4

Forum to discuss RiverMote iPhone/iPod Touch client for J. River Media Center

ios 4

Postby jroyale » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm now having connection issues after update to ios 4. It seems the longer I go from sleep the more unlikely I am to connect. Off the hop I'm fine. If I go to sleep for 5 minutes or so it says can't connect..exit and go back in and i'm fine. After a while though no dice.

Likely not due to multi-tasking because the program likely exits every time but I'm not sure why i'm having issues.

Thanks.
jroyale

Re: ios 4

Postby Melloware » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:41 pm

I plan on installing OS4 soon. I was really hoping Apple wouldn't introduce a whole bunch of problems with OS4 but it sounds like they have.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jroyale » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:51 am

So the connection issues persist. The only consistent troubleshooting I've found is if you start the program from the multitasking function, it has issues. So i have stopped starting it from multitasking and it works for a while but within 1 to 2 hours it has connection issus and I have to restart jriver.

Just for you info...I assume when you have some fixes you'll update.
jroyale

Postby jroyale » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:46 am

I think I've nailed it down. If you remove all programs from multi-tasking there are no connection issues. Ran it for 4 hours last night with no other programs running and no connection issues.
jroyale

Postby Melloware » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:51 am

jroyale wrote:I think I've nailed it down. If you remove all programs from multi-tasking there are no connection issues. Ran it for 4 hours last night with no other programs running and no connection issues.

OK so it appears something to do with multi-tasking and OS 4 is the problem. I knew Apple would not be able to nail the multitasking smooth the first time out.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jroyale » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Ya that is a factor but I've also now found that it'll just kick me out of the program. I haven't nailed down exactly when. Once it does that though I can't connect and it does it with nothing else running. It's not just this program I get kicked out of a few others. Just shoots me back to the main screen. It's done it a few times when I come back from closing the iphone...I'll open it again and it'll shoot me out. Hope this helps.

You'd think they'd have a program from the sdk you could run to check compatability and ios4 issues.
jroyale

Postby Melloware » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:20 pm

jroyale wrote:You'd think they'd have a program from the sdk you could run to check compatability and ios4 issues.

Agreed. And also you would think in 3 years they wouldn't have had 4 MAJOR OS Versions.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jroyale » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Any update on an update? To no fault of yours I'm getting frustrated and have now turned to itunes which I don't like as much although I will tell you the search function is helpful.
jroyale

Postby Melloware » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:59 am

jroyale wrote:Any update on an update? To no fault of yours I'm getting frustrated and have now turned to itunes which I don't like as much although I will tell you the search function is helpful.

I tested it and it ran perfectly fine on my OS 4.0 for hours?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jroyale » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Okay but it doesn't on mine and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 2 things. I get kicked out of the app when opening from sleep sometimes and I have connection issue. I can't run for more than 1 to 2 hours without it not reconnecting. I have to restart jriver then it's fine.
jroyale

Postby Melloware » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:27 am

jroyale wrote:Okay but it doesn't on mine and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 2 things. I get kicked out of the app when opening from sleep sometimes and I have connection issue. I can't run for more than 1 to 2 hours without it not reconnecting. I have to restart jriver then it's fine.

I just recompiled specifically for OS4 and released it to review to Apple. You should get the Update in a week or two depending on Apple.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to RiverMote (closed)