[SOLVED] OS4 App Crash.

Forum to discuss RiverMote iPhone/iPod Touch client for J. River Media Center

[SOLVED] OS4 App Crash.

Postby Pete67 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:30 pm

I'm having a problem with the app crashing at startup. It brings up the main screen and says initialising, then a split second later the app has crashed and I'm back to my iphone screen, no error message nothing.

This is what I've done.
I've deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it.
The app then ran OK but with a connection error as expected from the Ios4 bug as documented here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8430
I perform the OS4 fix, but this time when I start the app, it crashes out again.
If I start the app without the client running on the PC, it doesn't crash, I just get a connection error.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm going to a BBQ next weekend and am supposed to be DJing and cooking burgers at the same time. This app is my only hope!
Pete67

Re: App Crash.

Postby Melloware » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:12 pm

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby tktplz » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:20 am

I have the same problem. I used the RiverMote very successfully to access 3 computers all running JRiver Media Center 12 (ports 6001, 6002, and 6003) thru my iPhone 3G. Last month I upgraded to the iPhone 4 and the iOS 4.0 and I'm having nothing but problems.

I tried the port change to 5000 then back to 6001 - Did not fix the issue.
I have not activated my Bluetooth and it remains off.
I've tried accessing RiverMote under different ports - No fix here either.
I have even tried laubching RiverMote on my iPhone as a secondary app, and that does not work either.

My server machine is launching and running the RiverMote server app perfectly. I launch the .exe and I get the red dot on my lower status bar. I check to make sure it's "listening" on the right port and it is. When I try to connect the iPhone 4 it goes to blue for 1-2 seconds, then crashes the app and I'm back to the menu screen. If I change to a different port I get the connection error message but the app doesn't crash. If I minimize JRiver, when I try to connect again I get the flashing status bar in Windows, as to draw your attention to the program...Still no connection. I've tried connecting directly thru my router and thru my DYNDNS account - both ways I get the blue dot for 1-2 seconds, but neither works.

For the short-term I'll just use my old iphone... I will not upgrade to the iOS4 for this exact reason!! But, PLEASE fix this annoying issue!!! Thank you!!
tktplz

Postby Melloware » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:21 am

tktplz wrote:For the short-term I'll just use my old iphone... I will not upgrade to the iOS4 for this exact reason!! But, PLEASE fix this annoying issue!!! Thank you!!

Wow, I will try and look at it but I can't imgine what else Apple changed in OS 3 to 4 that is causing this. I knew about the Port(null) issue because they changed the way they were handling settings.

Did you also make sure to grab our latest RiverMote.exe from our site? I have made a few small tweaks...

http://melloware.com/download/

I will see on my end with the SDK 4.0 if I can reproduce the problem.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby tktplz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Thank you!!! Per your post, I replaced the old RiverMote.exe with your new one. I also made sure RiverMote was able to port thru my firewall... Well, based on either or both of these things it now works!!

Thank you again for the very fast reply!!! I'm one very happy RiverMote user!!!
tktplz

Postby Melloware » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:57 pm

tktplz wrote:Thank you!!! Per your post, I replaced the old RiverMote.exe with your new one. I also made sure RiverMote was able to port thru my firewall... Well, based on either or both of these things it now works!!

Thank you again for the very fast reply!!! I'm one very happy RiverMote user!!!

Awesome! I will mark this SOLVED.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] OS4 App Crash.

Postby Melloware » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:25 am

I actually found this bug today with OS4. I have fixed it and I am compiling version 4.0 for OS4 and releasing to Apple for review. Should be in your Updates bin in the next few weeks.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to RiverMote (closed)