[SOLVED] This app is crippled.

Forum to discuss EventPhone iPhone/iPod Touch client for EventGhost

[SOLVED] This app is crippled.

Postby thedruz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:42 am

I bought this app thinking that at the price AU$ 13.99 it would function as a proper windows 7 media center remote for my iPod touch, Hardly any of the "buttons" on it work [cursor keys & power switch are exceptions]. Does anyone Know how to make this overpriced piece of rubbish actually work like it should or have I wasted the money I spent.
thedruz

Re: This app is crippled.

Postby Melloware » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:03 am

This app is NOT crippled. You know you can simply configure what all those buttons do in EventGhost right?

It is not controlled by EventPhone it just sends signals to EventGhost and then you map those functions to what you want to execute. So for example when you press the Play button in EventPhone then you have to map what you want that Play button to do on the PC Side in EventGhost. EventGhost has tons of profiles for different programs like MediaMonkey, Winamp, MCE etc. You just load the MCE Profile and map the Play button to the Play function of MCE.

I think you might need to read the EventGhost tutorial before going further!

http://www.eventghost.org/docs/short_manual/index.html

http://www.eventghost.org/docs/controlling_your_living_room_with_eventghost/index.html
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] This app is crippled.

Postby thedruz » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:45 am

You think selling an app at that price [it is more expensive than many of the fully functional apps I have purchased at AU$ 13.99} you could have included a basic config file for windows media centre, I have read the tutorial & it is a lot of work to get this working as it should from the beginning, I am going back to using Jumi's product at least the hotkey combinations can be available from the get go without having to put in a day or so reading webpages, configuring the app, debugging, trolling forums for solutions.
I was right the first time THIS APP IS CRIPPLED.
the simple addition of a preset config for Windows MCE file available for download from you, would probably fix this as it is I accept I've wasted cash on this waste of drive space.
grow up If you release software you make sure it's fully funcional.
thedruz

Postby Melloware » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:54 am

thedruz wrote:You think selling an app at that price [it is more expensive than many of the fully functional apps I have purchased at AU$ 13.99} you could have included a basic config file for windows media centre, I have read the tutorial & it is a lot of work to get this working as it should from the beginning, I am going back to using Jumi's product at least the hotkey combinations can be available from the get go without having to put in a day or so reading webpages, configuring the app, debugging, trolling forums for solutions.
I was right the first time THIS APP IS CRIPPLED.
the simple addition of a preset config for Windows MCE file available for download from you, would probably fix this as it is I accept I've wasted cash on this waste of drive space.
grow up If you release software you make sure it's fully funcional.

How does EventPhone know you wanted to use MCE? What if you were using MediaMonkey or Winamp would you yell at me that it didn't work out of the box for those two apps also?

I am sorry that you feel you were duped, but I think you have a basic misunderstanding of how EventGhost works. EventGhost maps event "producers" to actions. EventPhone is just an event producer, how you want to consume and take action on those messages is 100% up to you.

Simply download one of the MCE plugins for EventGhost and map EventPhone functions to it. That is HOW EventGhost works.

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1838

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=911
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: [UNSOLVED] There is nothing wrong with this app.

Postby jsmain » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:24 am

I tend to aggree that this app is crippled, but not in the same regard as this poster.

The fact that you don't listen to your customers requests, the fact that you have very little traffic here, and that you answer complaints in this manner is bothersome.

I no longer use your app due to the fact that you are unwilling to realize that we want to be able to customize the gui. I've gone to using Snatch server instead. I can't customize the actions the way you do, but I can customize the GUI, I have a mouse pad, a scroll pad, and can manipulate running apps with the launch pad.

I'm really not sure why I've left this site on my daily visit list of bookmarks, but I assure you it's coming off that list today.

Thanks for [strike]every[/strike] nothing.
jsmain

Re: [UNSOLVED] There is nothing wrong with this app.

Postby Melloware » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:51 am

jsmain wrote:The fact that you don't listen to your customers requests, the fact that you have very little traffic here, and that you answer complaints in this manner is bothersome.

Well I am sorry you feel that way.

But I have to disagree with this statment "Answer complaints in this manner"? His complaint is saying the app is crippled when it is not. Crippled means it doesn't have full functionality. would you agree this app is not crippled? It is not crippled because you can't customize the GUI. That is not a key functionality preventing a user from successfully using the app. It simply is a feature not implemented.

So I don't really understand why you say "answer complaints in this manner". I simply responded to the user that I don't think he fully understands how EventGhost works and sent him to the EventGhost documentation. You don't feel that is the right answer?

I would be interested to hear what your answer to him would have been?

Is your car crippled because you haven't put the key in the ignition yet? It drives perfectly fine once you realize how the key works, the gas pedal and brakes work. Agree or no?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: [UNSOLVED] This app is crippled.

Postby jsmain » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:10 am

Have you figured it out yet? Or do you need more time to determine why your software isn't as popular, due to your inability to be flexible, and actually listen to your customers?

Seems pretty dead here, especially since mine was the last posting nearly 5 months ago.
jsmain

Re: [UNSOLVED] This app is crippled.

Postby Melloware » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:21 am

jsmain wrote:Have you figured it out yet? Or do you need more time to determine why your software isn't as popular, due to your inability to be flexible, and actually listen to your customers?

Seems pretty dead here, especially since mine was the last posting nearly 5 months ago.

You still never answered my questions above? You posted something, I responded and you never responded back.

Ans to answer your question if you want a customized GUI why not use CommandFusion?

Oh I see here is a post from the EG forums from you...

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2564

"I'm with Livin on this! CF is too expensive for the average user to want to use this.

I have the iPhone without the phone (ipod touch) because I can't justify paying AT&T their absorbanant fee for data each month.

Call me cheap, but I don't have money to throw at every little gimick that comes around, and today, it's much easier to spend nickels and dimes everywhere. CF is a significant purchase IMO, that isn't justifyable, when there are so many other apps that are so much more reasonable, that can do nearly the same thing.

So what you are saying is that my app is a simple 2.99 that solves 99% of customers problems but you think CF is too expensive even though it has the customizable GUI you are looking for? If I build a customizable GUI I will have to charge the same amount as CF for the time involved in building it.

Agree or no?

So it sounds like to me you want your cake and to eat it too, but not have to pay very much money for it?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby reeven » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:38 pm

I will think this way:

If you have money, buy Intelliremote, and you will receive Intelliphone for IPHONE free of charge - total cost, about 20 $.

If you have little money, use Evenghost and buy Eventphone, total cost 2.5euros....., and you could also donate few buck for Eventghost. For an noob you need months of training to learn Evenghost:D.
Intelliremote is noob friendly...
Regarding Melloware attitude!? or low response on forum i dissagree this, Melloware have a full job, in his free time( nights, weeks) he develop and maintain Eventphone, Intelliremote, X10 Commander, this forum,etc....
A guy need time to stay with his family also, to rest, to play games, etc.
Also Melloware is not Microsoft to have thounsands of hire people..is just one person ...What upset me some time is that on this forum all of us enter only when we have problems, but never help others here....An forum is an comunity, we need to help others, in this way we learn better to use apps that we love.

Good day,
reeven

Return to EventPhone for EventGhost