Android device status

Forum to discuss X10 Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android client for X10 Devices

Android device status

Postby X10_FunTime » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:35 pm

I'm able to turn devices on and off with my phone. However, when I exit the app and come back later, the device state is lost and every devices shows as off.

I'm using HEYU server with X10Commander script on a Raspberry Pi running Rasbian.

Any advice is appreciated.
X10_FunTime

Re: Android device status

Postby Melloware » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:12 pm

So this is probably a question for the HEYU groups or the guys that wrote the HEYU scripts but basically the DEVICE status has to be queried. So every device has to report whether it is ON or OFF or what DIM LEVEL it is at. You might want to consider sending a PM to user "dony71" who just recently worked on the HEYU scripts and ask him to post here.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Melloware » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Or you can post on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10822
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby X10_FunTime » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:18 pm

I know the X10 devices themselves do no hold state. I'm guessing the HEYU component would need to maintain state, which I think it does at least in the logs. However, how does it get back to the X10 Commander so that any time you start the mobile app, it knows the state?

Thanks much.
X10_FunTime

Postby Melloware » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:42 pm

X10_FunTime wrote:I know the X10 devices themselves do no hold state. I'm guessing the HEYU component would need to maintain state, which I think it does at least in the logs. However, how does it get back to the X10 Commander so that any time you start the mobile app, it knows the state?

Thanks much.

Well the mobile app when it starts up it assks the server for a list of devices and their state. My guess is the state part is what is missing when it asks the server or they are all listed at 0 (OFF).
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby fs ee » Thu May 28, 2015 8:59 am

X10_FunTime wrote:I'm able to turn devices on and off with my phone. However, when I exit the app and come back later, the device state is lost and every devices shows as off.

I'm using HEYU server with X10Commander script on a Raspberry Pi running Rasbian.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hello, I have the same problem. I am using CM15, app ActiveHome Pro, OS WIN XP. Everthing changes on X10 Commander Android is working on CM15 and AHPro on line. After reopen the app X10 Commander on the phone the status of all items is cleared to OFF.
But, on the other PC, other building and same configuration running on WIN 7 is everything ok, status is changing in real time and after reopen Android X10 commander the last status is the same.
The behaving is similar as previous interface CM11 where the status was cleared to ON. In log of the X10 are responses of all items zeros, no response.
Many thanks for your help.
fs ee

Postby Melloware » Thu May 28, 2015 11:24 am

I don't think we ever got to the bottom of why all of the devices are reporting themselves as "0".

I wonder if it could be X10 Driver version issue?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby fs ee » Thu May 28, 2015 11:45 am

Melloware wrote:I don't think we ever got to the bottom of why all of the devices are reporting themselves as "0".

I wonder if it could be X10 Driver version issue?

Hi, the driver version is DLL v3.0.0.316 sw 1.9.8.195 on both systems. All items all are Marmitek.
AH is 3.316 version. I don´t know if relate to AH, because behaving is same if AH is not running.
For me the visible different is only the Windows..??
fs ee

Postby Melloware » Fri May 29, 2015 9:18 am

OK that is really strange. And you said you have a Marmitek right? Are you sure on the X10 Commander Server is set for "Marmitek Cm15" and not "CM15/CM19 USB"?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby fs ee » Fri May 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Melloware wrote:OK that is really strange. And you said you have a Marmitek right? Are you sure on the X10 Commander Server is set for "Marmitek Cm15" and not "CM15/CM19 USB"?

Yes, I have try both (If is enough only the change in right corner - restart and reinstall again is not needed) but no different. On line is everything work properly. After reopen the X10 Commander on Android the status i always OFF of all items.
fs ee

Postby Melloware » Sat May 30, 2015 9:18 am

That is really bizarre. But if you are seeing in the log "0" then that is definitely what the X10 Driver is sending me back to report.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to X10 Commander