Widgets for Android

Forum to discuss Lightswitch/ZWave Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android home automation application

Widgets for Android

Postby dracula » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Can you make it possible to crate a widget for your app for Android, where it doesn't require App to be started. The widget could then be linked to the Device, Scene, or a Zone?
dracula

Re: Widgets for Android

Postby Melloware » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:14 pm

Well it could be possible but since you need an open socket connection to your server I can''t leave the widget connected the whole time. So any widget would have to wake up connect to the server, send the command of the device you wanted to manipulate, then disconnect from the server.

Oh and it would have to be customizable so that you could put the device or devices you wanted to control on the widget. All-in-all i wouldn't expect this any time soon but I will consider it for a backlog task.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby dracula » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Could you share the road map for Lightswitch on the forums?
dracula

Postby Melloware » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:48 am

dracula wrote:Could you share the road map for Lightswitch on the forums?

Currently the only roadmap is fixing reported bugs and adding new home automation vendors as Lightswitch servers.
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby blaze818 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:03 pm

I think that a widget would be a great addition to the android application. with tablets becoming more of an established technology i see it as the next step for this application. i would love to be able to control my lights without having to load up the application, wait for a license check, and then have it log on. with a widget you could let different appliances have their own button on the home screen. when you click on the light it could just connect in the background send the signal and then disconnect without the user seeing any of this.

keep in mind that i would pay extra for this type of functionality!!
blaze818

Return to Lightswitch/ZWave Commander