[SOLVED] FortrezZ MIMO - Commander Support

Forum to discuss Lightswitch/ZWave Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android home automation application

[SOLVED] FortrezZ MIMO - Commander Support

Postby jamesbraddy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:06 pm

I have recently purchased the FortrezZ MIMO that I would like to control using Z-Wave Commander. ThinkEssentials recognizes the unit and will actually activate relay #1 using simple on/off command. However, Z-Wave Commander will not invoke the command and trigger the relay.

What will it take to build in support for the MIMO so that I can at a minimum activate relay #1?

http://fortrezz.com/mimo.html
jamesbraddy

Re: FortrezZ MIMO - Commander Support

Postby Melloware » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:15 am

I don't know a lot about this device but what type of device does it show up as in Zwave Commander? For example if you bring up the Configure dialog each device is named and in parenthesis it says (Type: BinarySwtich). etc. What type of device is this?

And I am not sure but read this thread and see if it helps at all?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7922&start=15#p18498

Let me know...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jamesbraddy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:42 am

All the documentation I have can be found on the link provided earlier... Technical Appdx. contains the Command Class Info.

Shows up as: Type:ZWaveDevice NodeID: 12

I will check out the viewtopic link in the meantime.
jamesbraddy

Postby jamesbraddy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:53 am

Melloware wrote:I don't know a lot about this device but what type of device does it show up as in Zwave Commander? For example if you bring up the Configure dialog each device is named and in parenthesis it says (Type: BinarySwtich). etc. What type of device is this?

And I am not sure but read this thread and see if it helps at all?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7922&start=15#p18498

Let me know...

Checked out the topic on binary switch option, great piece btw. looks very similar to the momentary closure that I need to work my driveway gate control. I tried the binary quick contact closure option with the MIMO but it's making ZWave commander unstable. I suppose because its not registering as binary switch?
jamesbraddy

Postby Melloware » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:56 pm

So that is bad. So the fact the ControlThink API is seeing it as a Generic "ZwaveDevice" means it cannot be controlled. If it was registered as a BinarySwitch or some other device type it could be controlled.

So no matter what their site says and the Command Class info that is all useless because it is not properly handed to me by the ControlThink API.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jamesbraddy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:51 pm

I know its been a while now since last dialog but after letting the mimo sit and collect dust for a while I finally pulled it back out to tinker with. I'm sure there are many variables that can be considered but it's actually working as I wanted it to now. I have shut down the server app. many times but uncertain what changed. I do have the binary switch option unchecked. ZwaveCommander Server recognizes it as BinarySwitch now and is functioning using the IPhone Client. Good news for me and anyone looking for a 12vdc powered z-wave dry contact switch that can be controlled with the melloware client app. Now if Leviton would build in support for the additional features of the Mimo even better.
jamesbraddy

Postby Melloware » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Awesome thanks for posting back!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] FortrezZ MIMO - Commander Support

Postby jamesbraddy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 pm

What will it take to build-in a push-button graphics option like you would find on a garage door opener or gate opener? Currently I have an On and Off button on commander while binary option is selected.

As I understand, the MIMO devices support momentary contact closure so a single push button would be cleaner than the on/off type switch while using binary. The MIMOlite should open the door(no pun) for many zwave commander users looking for a low-voltage powered zwave switching solution. There an no other low-voltage alternatives out there that I am aware.
jamesbraddy

Re: [SOLVED] FortrezZ MIMO - Commander Support

Postby Melloware » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:22 am

Not sure what that would take but you might PM the user on these forums named "stbluesrul" he is an expert in these things and he is the one who asked for the "Binary Quick Contact Closure" option so I think he is doing a lot of the same things you are doing.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Lightswitch/ZWave Commander