[SOLVED] Windows RT app? rtRemote

Forum to discuss MonkeyTunes DACP Server for MediaMonkey

[SOLVED] Windows RT app? rtRemote

Postby DarrylGittins » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Any chance we might see a Windows RT app for controling MonkeyTunes?

Thanks!
DarrylGittins
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby Melloware » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 am

What is Windows RT?

There already is this for Windows Mobile so I am sure it can work for other Windows Environments...

http://wp7remoteapp.com/
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11037
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby DarrylGittins » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:00 am

Thanks but that won't work. Windows Mobile apps do not run on Windows 8 RT.
DarrylGittins
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby Melloware » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:15 am

DarrylGittins wrote:Thanks but that won't work. Windows Mobile apps do not run on Windows 8 RT.


You mean just a standard Windows app then though right, Windows 8 RT is no different than Windows XP or Windows 7 right, just a Windows app?

i am sure that developer could easily modify his .NET code to run as a Windows app if you send him the suggestion.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11037
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby DarrylGittins » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:05 pm

I wish it were true but Windows 8 RT is very different than Windows XP or Windows 7. Windows RT can only install apps from the Windows Store. You cannot install anything any other way.

http://gizmodo.com/5952934/what-windows-rt-cant-do
DarrylGittins
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby Melloware » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:53 pm

DarrylGittins wrote:I wish it were true but Windows 8 RT is very different than Windows XP or Windows 7. Windows RT can only install apps from the Windows Store. You cannot install anything any other way.

http://gizmodo.com/5952934/what-windows-rt-cant-do


Right isn't that how Windows Phone is too you can only install apps from the Store? My guess is it is a similar or same store from MSFT?

Have you contacted Komodex? He is a super nice guy and bright, he probably a better avenue for these questions than me.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11037
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby misenhower » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:40 am

Hi Darryl,
DarrylGittins wrote:Any chance we might see a Windows RT app for controling MonkeyTunes?

I haven't announced this anywhere publicly just yet, but I am working on creating a version of Remote for Windows 8 and Windows RT :)
This app will work with iTunes, MediaMonkey (via MonkeyTunes), and foobar2000 (via foo_touchremote).

I should have some more information about this within the next few weeks. I'll post an update here when it's available from the Windows Store.

Thanks for your interest, and please let me know if you have any other questions!
Matt Isenhower
http://komodex.com
misenhower
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:27 am
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby Melloware » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:15 am

Matt, you rock!

Let me know so I can update my website when you launch!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11037
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby DarrylGittins » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Looking forward to it!!
DarrylGittins
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby plexicrunch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:39 pm

misenhower wrote:Hi Darryl,
DarrylGittins wrote:Any chance we might see a Windows RT app for controling MonkeyTunes?

I haven't announced this anywhere publicly just yet, but I am working on creating a version of Remote for Windows 8 and Windows RT :)
This app will work with iTunes, MediaMonkey (via MonkeyTunes), and foobar2000 (via foo_touchremote).

I should have some more information about this within the next few weeks. I'll post an update here when it's available from the Windows Store.

Thanks for your interest, and please let me know if you have any other questions!


My wife would love an app to run MonkeyTunes/MediaMonkey from her Surface RT. Any news on this?

Alternatively, a question for Melloware... is there a reason that rtRemote shouldn't be able to pair with MonkeyTunes? It's designed to act like iTunes Remote and control iTunes.

Thanks!
plexicrunch
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby Melloware » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 am

I assume you mean this app...

http://www.bizmodeller.com/rtRemote/rtRemote.aspx

I just went through this with ReTune for Android. Even though I am respecting the DACP spec with MonkeyTunes some of these client developers are doing things that while they work in iTunes are not proper. I can contact them and see if I can work with them to support MonkeyTunes like the ReTune developer did.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11037
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby DarrylGittins » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:55 am

plexicrunch, I was also unable to get rtRemote to pair with MonkeyTunes. Here's the last email I got from the developer:

"I also note from your diagnostics that you are using MonkeyTunes – I must say, we haven’t tested the app with MonkeyTunes therefor you may be hitting a different issue entirely."

I sent a debug log but have not heard back.
DarrylGittins
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby Melloware » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:17 pm

I just talked to the developer and i am going to work with him to get it working.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11037
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby DarrylGittins » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Melloware wrote:I just talked to the developer and i am going to work with him to get it working.



Cool, thanks! Let me know if you need a guinea pig with a Surface RT!
DarrylGittins
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Windows RT app?

Postby Melloware » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:38 pm

OK we already got past a big hurdle. He said he will release an update in a few days after he does more testing and I will let you guys know here.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11037
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Next

Return to MonkeyTunes for MediaMonkey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron