Network failure when searching library

Forum to discuss MonkeyTunes DACP Server for MediaMonkey

Network failure when searching library

Postby Miggles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:18 pm

When using Retune on my tablet to search through the library (30k items), it times out and I see "MonkeyTunes Error: The specified network name is no longer available" in the MonkeyTunes log file.

Code: Select all
2014-02-16 12:26:37,238 [INFO ] - (12) - Gettings Albums...
2014-02-16 12:26:37,238 [INFO ] - (12) - SQL: SELECT DISTINCT Albums.ID,Albums.Artist,Albums.Album,Albums.Tracks FROM Albums  WHERE Albums.Album LIKE '%star%'   ORDER BY Albums.Album
2014-02-16 12:26:40,307 [ERROR] - (12) - MonkeyTunes Error: The specified network name is no longer available
System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): The specified network name is no longer available
   at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at Melloware.DACP.DACPServer.DispatchRequest(HttpListenerRequest request, HttpListenerResponse response, Boolean isCompressed)

Log reference here: http://pastebucket.com/28864

When using TunesRemote+ the search never returns any results and doesn't show up in the log file so that's not much use for a comparison. Other than search, every function seems to work as it should.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to get search working?

Note: I tried posting this message just before but it seems to have disappeared. Not sure if I messed up posting it or if it's getting caught in some moderation queue.
Miggles

Re: Network failure when searching library

Postby Melloware » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:52 am

This looks like a networking issue but I posted in the other thread about trying ReTune. It is FREE and it is vastly superior to TunesRemote+ on Android.

Let me know if that fixes it.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Miggles » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:20 am

I get those log errors when I am using Retune - when using TunesRemote+ I don't get any log entries for searches at all.

Any suggestions on what I would need to do to fix the network errors? We're talking a Linksys wifi router with four devices on the network (server is wired). The server is running Windows 8.1 with the ports mentioned in the FAQ all wide open in the firewall rules.
Miggles

Postby Melloware » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Hmm well what we have seen in the past this means that the client (android) called the server side (MonkeyTunes) and the network connection was severed before MonkeyTunes could respond.

Sometimes I have seen this be a Spyware or Antivirus system severing the connection because it think it is spyware. You can try adding mediaMonkey.exe to your Exception lists in your virus and spyware and restarting?

Sorry I can't be more helpful but every system and network is a different eco-system with different possible causes for network failures.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Miggles » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:21 am

The only virus/spyware checking on that machine is whatever the Windows 8 equivalent of Windows Defender is and it doesn't cut off any other connections.

I'll keep poking around.
Miggles

Postby Melloware » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:28 am

Can you try doing this... should apply for Windows 8 like it did for 7.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9168
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Miggles » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Melloware wrote:Can you try doing this... should apply for Windows 8 like it did for 7.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9168

I had to do that to get it to work at all. I might revert that lot and see if I can get it to work without that hack.
Miggles

Return to MonkeyTunes for MediaMonkey