=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: Speaker Selection

Postby Andulien » Tue May 07, 2013 1:56 am

Melloware wrote:No response from Rogue Amoeba.

Hmm... when did you write them, and what did you ask? I can write them as well if you want me to. Sometimes they respond a bit faster if they get the same requests from different people. Thanks for still working on it :)
Andulien

Postby Melloware » Tue May 07, 2013 5:19 am

I wrote them and said their COM API does not work when packaged within the app that is registering it. I gave them the exact example of what MonkeyTunes is trying to accomplish.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Andulien » Mon May 13, 2013 3:27 am

Melloware wrote:I wrote them and said their COM API does not work when packaged within the app that is registering it. I gave them the exact example of what MonkeyTunes is trying to accomplish.

Well I wrote them again too: "Thanks for that information. We've been in touch with the folks at Melloware, we'll see what may happen with this going forward. Stay tuned for updates and do let us know if you come across any other questions or issues. "

So I guess I'll just try to keep patient ;)
Andulien

Postby Andulien » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:10 am

Wee and another new Update from Airfoil. The release notes don't really tell very much, but might be worth a go again with trying to control it with MonkeyTunes. Let me know if you need someone to help testing.

Airfoil 3.5 for Windows:

Airfoil now has the ability to capture all System Audio, great for pulling audio from previously troublesome applications (and Windows Store apps too!). (System Audio requires Vista or higher)

Airfoil can now start the Bonjour (Zeroconf) service for you, if it's disabled.

Several other minor bugs have been squashed.
Andulien

Postby Melloware » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:20 am

Doesn't look like they did any work on the .NET API side of it, MonkeyTunes still crashes with trying to control Airfoil from inside MediaMonkey.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Andulien » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:30 am

Doesn't sound to promising. Another Update just came out with 3.5.1 but it doesn't seem to be anything major in terms of bugs... sigh
Andulien

Postby Andulien » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:20 am

Any News on this end with the new Airfoil Version?
Andulien

Postby Melloware » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:31 am

Andulien wrote:Any News on this end with the new Airfoil Version?

[crickets...]
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Andulien » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:28 am

And another 3 Months have passed. Can you send Airfoil a reminder about the fix that didn't fix anything? Would be great. Thanks :)
Wish you happy christmas holidays as they are coming up soon.
Andulien

Postby Andulien » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:52 am

Hey Melloware,

Happy New Year :) I hope all is well and this is going to be a great one. I had sent out another request to Airfoil asking what the status is, and this is what I have gotten as a reply. Would be great if you can follow up. Sounds at least somewhat promising as a good start into the New Year :) I saw also another App in the App store that seems to be able to control Airfoil somehow. So it seems possible. Sure hoping that this year I will be able to do that with MonkeyTunes :D
Hi Maurice,

Thanks for following up with us, and sorry for our delayed response to you. Last we've gotten contact from Melloware was in 2012, which we didn't seem to have a reply to. As you're aware in March 2013 we introduced improved scripting support for Airfoil for Windows:

http://weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2013/03/0 ... scripting/

We'll get our engineering team to reach back out to them to help pin down what could be happening now, though. Sorry for all the hassle, hopefully we have more news for you soon. Stay tuned for updates and do let us know if you come across any other questions or issues.

-- Chris Barajas Rogue Amoeba Software, LLC
Andulien

Postby Melloware » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:07 am

Well they have their stories wrong as I contacted them twice in 2013 with no response.

Here is the exact email chain where I reported it crashes when trying to hijack MediaMonkey and never heard back in 2013.

I just tried it again and it still crashes. Basically it is not allowing Airfoil to hijack MediaMonkey's sound output because the Airfoil code is actually executing from within the MediaMonkey application since MT is a plugin running in process. So basically the code is trying to "hijack itself" and clearly does not like it.

[code]
I have an issue now where if I add your COM object into my code which runs as an in process plugin for MEdiaMonkey it fails.

I cannot HiJack MediaMonkey using Airfoil the app just crashes.

So basically MediaMonkey is the EXE which has Airfoil COM running inside it with Airfoil then trying to hijack the MediaMonkey Window.

Something about this scenario it doesn't like and causes MM to immediately crash.

On 3/8/2013 3:47 AM, Lee Falin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When accessing a .NET com interface from within a .NET client, you have to do the following:
>
> 1. Add a reference to the Airfoil.exe file (not the tlb)
>
> 2. Instantiate the com object in way similar to:
>
> using RogueAmoeba.Airfoil.Remoting;
>
> Type comType = Type.GetTypeFromProgID("RogueAmoeba.Airfoil");
> IAirfoil _airfoilApp = (IAirfoil)Activator.CreateInstance(comType);
>
> StringBuilder sourceText = new StringBuilder();
> IAudioSourceCollection recentSources = _airfoilApp.GetRecentSources();
> for (int i = 0; i < recentSources.Count(); i++)
> {
> IAudioSource source = recentSources.Item(i);
> sourceText.AppendLine(source.Name());
> }
>
> textBox1.Text = sourceText.ToString();
>
>
>
> Hope that helps,
> Lee
>
>
> On Mar 6, 2013, at 5:21 PM, Melloware <info@melloware.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you have instructions on using it inside a .NET application? When I import your COM .TLB it says "this TLB was generated from a CLR and cannot be included". Meaning that it already is .NET Assembly. What do I need to include to use the .NET Assembly?
>>
>> ==============================
>> Melloware
>> info@melloware.com
>> http://melloware.com
>> ==============================
>>
>> On 3/5/2013 3:20 PM, Lee Falin wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Some time ago you mentioned that you were interested in being able to
>>> remotely control Airfoil for Windows. I just wanted to let you know that
>>> the latest release of Airfoil for Windows (3.4) has more extensive
>>> scripting support.
>>>
>>> You can find complete details and documentation for the API here:
>>>
>>> http://weblog.rogueamoeba.com/2013/03/0 ... scripting/
>>>
>>> Let us know if you have any questions,
>>>
>>> Lee Falin
>>> Rogue Amoeba
>>
[code]
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Andulien » Tue May 20, 2014 1:22 am

Well as I don't really have hope anymore after so many years that this would get done to be working, a new Version of Airfoil has been released. Any reply yet or luck with the new Version? Thank you for your continuous effort on this topic.
Andulien

Postby Melloware » Sat May 24, 2014 6:41 am

Got final definitive word from Airfoil it will not work. They wrote me yesterday and said..

"Our support team brought this to my attention the fact that I'd missed your last email somehow. Sorry about that.

Unfortunately its not possible to use Airfoil using in process COM if you're also going to hijack the application with Airfoil. It isn't possible for Airfoil to hijack itself, so that causes issues. "

Which is exactly what MonkeyTunes has to do because it runs inside MM, and is trying to hijack MM. So it seems this is not possible.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Andulien » Sun May 25, 2014 7:38 am

Melloware wrote:Got final definitive word from Airfoil it will not work. They wrote me yesterday and said..

"Our support team brought this to my attention the fact that I'd missed your last email somehow. Sorry about that.

Unfortunately its not possible to use Airfoil using in process COM if you're also going to hijack the application with Airfoil. It isn't possible for Airfoil to hijack itself, so that causes issues. "

Which is exactly what MonkeyTunes has to do because it runs inside MM, and is trying to hijack MM. So it seems this is not possible.

To bad all the effort on trying to get this to work for nothing. Thank you none the less for trying so hard. I guess I'll have to stay with my EventGhost control solution then. None the less keep up the good work you are doing with MT :)
Andulien

PreviousNext

Return to MonkeyTunes for MediaMonkey