Maybe I'm missing something, but I cannot find the loudness switch on the Jukes-screen anywhere. Has it been forgotten, or am I just blind?
If it's not my eyesight failing me, please implement this basic switch, as I find it most inconvenient to use the computer's own loudness-regulation. Perhaps it would be easier to include the WINAMP-player or any other (like jGUI3 for instance) instead of inventing it all over again. (Somehow you get used to the comfort of WINAMP, so you don't want to miss the fuctionality of that player.
Another thing I just noticed: What I really like is the "Featured Albums" view, where you can see the covers and by clicking play them. That's a wonderful feature I always wanted! But what if there are more than six albums to an artist? You see, I would like this screen to be scrollable, so I can get a view of ALL the albums of an artist. (Together with the info of the year and title, sorted by year would make it perfect!)
Now I come to my additional wishes:
- Perhaps you could make it possible not just to store a "Note" to an artist, but also a picture and an URL for his official homepage.
- Enhancing the filter-possibilities by custom fields. I have some albums, that belong to series (different artists, different albums and years, ie. James Bond), so I use to tag that info into the WWW field and the WWWARTIST for the number in the series. But if I cannot search or filter for it, it's of no big use. So what is needed is a customize-able filter for all tag-fields and the naming of those fields on the filter screen.
- Removing albums from the Catalog. I would like a simple function for deleting a single album from the catalog through the content-menu. (I know I can remove it from the folder and then do it automatically, but that's propably not what you want it all the time)
- Cover editing: I noticed, that the cover used for display derives from the biggest picture in the album-folder. What I would prefer is that the cover is taken from what is stored in the tags of the mp3s. (But I don't know if other users will see it that way as well...) If not, there should be at least a chance to change it afterwards (In fact there is a functionality, but it returns the Error: "Editor contains errors. Please correct")
- Tag editing: There should be a better tag-editing included, because JUKES is the place where you want to handle your mp3s.
- Catalog view: There should be different possibilities of catalog-views. To me the given view is fine, but I know others have ordered their mp3s additional in genres. So for those users there would an additional node for genres necessary.
- Genres: ...which leads me to my final point, that an album can belong to more than one genre. I know this is a common problem with many tagging softwares and the concept of the genres is at the moment discussed at different forums now. Yet it IS a wishlist, so I think it's good to note here, that I would like to add an album to different genres. These genres should (in fact must! - else they are of no use at all) of course be editable.
Okay, that's a rather long list of wishes and suggestions, but you set yourself high goals: "Jukes was created for the serious MP3 user." And I'm a most serious user! My collection is over 1000 CDs and I would really like to see Jukes becoming THE software, that I think it could be.
Thanks a lot for the great work, that has been done already!