Problem when importing albums and with repository refresh

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Jukes java jukebox.

Problem when importing albums and with repository refresh

Postby VirteX » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:36 pm

I noticed that when importing a directory with invalid music files, all the direcctory is skipped. Is it normal?
And also, when I add a file in some subfolder my music directory (the dir specified in preferences), refreshing the repository does't take up the new file. I have to delete de db and re-import all the music dir. Also this beaviour, is it normal?

Thanx for your suggestions
g
VirteX

Re: Problem when importing albums and with repository refresh

Postby Melloware » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:29 pm

Jukes was meant to be album based. So my whole collection is /artist/album structure like...

/U2/War
/U2/Boy
/U2/Achtung Baby

So if I find a problem with any song in an album I don't add the album to the DB. As for your refresh issue...if I see that a directory has already been added like /U2/Boy I just skip that album on the next AutoAdd. I don't check for new files I just skip that directory for performance because I am assuming you have already added that album.

Does that make sense?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: Problem when importing albums and with repository refresh

Postby VirteX » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:35 am

Thanks for your quick reply.
What you explained clearifies my issue (a non-issue after what u told).
I intended Jukes as a wonderful music library, and is not unusual to add songs even not part of an album or add songs to an album or collection.
Working method u detailed makes sense, in my opinion, if Jukes were able to organize by itself directories moving and renaming files according to well-tagged songs (like iTunes do). Otherwise, the behaviour of Jukes seems to me a little bit restrictive and it force users to frequently delete the db to rebuild it, or to dig in directories to delete malformed files made, often, by the operating system itself.
May be my thoughts bacame a features wishlist :)
BTW, great work! I love Jukes.
ThanX!
VirteX

Return to Jukes