[FIXED] Jukes as XSPF Playlist Creator

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Jukes java jukebox.

[FIXED] Jukes as XSPF Playlist Creator

Postby Feliz » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:30 pm

I have a suggestion/request to enhance the creativity and usefulness of your Creative and Useful Software. :wink:

:!: Problemo
I am in the process of creating a website centered around free & legal streaming/downloadable music. To achieve this I'm using XSPF Jukebox for my web media player, as it allows right clicking the player to download the currently streaming track. Much of the website will then be made up of a whole bunch of XSPF playlists which will need to be revised and updated often. As things are now that is extremely tedious. Right now the only way to maintain a bunch of XSPF playlists is in code by hand, which stinks.

:idea: Solution
Jukes! Well, it could be. Jukes already exports XSPF playlists with all the necessary information... except for the inability to change the <info> field (which isn't really a bit deal as you only have to change it once) and the <location> field (which kind of is a bit deal, as you have to change it by hand for every track.) For this purpose, there needs to be a web URL in the location field instead of the file's current location on a hard drive.

:arrow: Suggestion
A few small things could be added to Jukes to expand its potential XSPF abilities but this is the most essential: When editing tracks within Jukes just add a Location field. It wouldn't affect anything within the program. It would just check back and fill in that information when exporting a playlist. If implemented I'm pretty sure Jukes would be the only XSPF Playlist Manager with that feature (Tell me if I'm wrong, but I've been looking!). It would essentially be the only XSPF Creator/Editor with a GUI. That sure wouldn't be bad for publicity and it would definitely be helpful to all website developers who need a good way of keeping track of their XSPF playlists. :D

Feliz
Feliz

Re: Jukes as XSPF Playlist Creator

Postby Melloware » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:29 am

I have forwarded this post on to a developer who has been working on some changes to Jukes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: Jukes as XSPF Playlist Creator

Postby azuser » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:26 am

You can use Global Location Change Tool to change <location> from file's current location on a hard drive to web URL.
azuser

Return to Jukes