Suggestion

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the PlacesBar Editor.

Suggestion

Postby optical10 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Having use this program in the past and coming back to it in windows 7 I was wondering whether it would be possible to be able to change the placebar icons in this programme?

If is not possible in this programme is there a program that identifies windows elements that a given program uses when it is displayed in a dialogue box or a window?

The reason I ask is that programs like iconpacker seem to change most of the top surface icons but I want to change the remaining icons in resource hacker but I do not know the element filename or identity of the placebar icons?

Any help appreciated and Thanks for your great program
optical10

Re: Suggestion

Postby Melloware » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:37 pm

I am confused?

You want to change the icons used in PlacesBar editor itself or the icons that show up in the Open Dialog for the replacement folders you have selected?

Or maybe you could be more clear exactly what you want to change?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby optical10 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Melloware wrote:I am confused?

You want to change the icons used in PlacesBar editor itself or the icons that show up in the Open Dialog for the replacement folders you have selected?

Or maybe you could be more clear exactly what you want to change?

You were right when you stated, "the icons that show up in the Open Dialog for the replacement folders you have selected". Let me explain further below.

As I am visually impaired I use a very heavily customised windows MSStyle sheet & browser .css Style sheet that gets me as close as possible to the windows high contrast white on black accessibility theme but Win7 Aero bells & whistles etc.

The problem with most of these dark background style sheet is that they invariably clash with a unchangeable dark font in a dialogue box or window menu that the creator wasn't able to account for on the host users machine.

As you can see in the image above this is the case with my placebar icons text fonts. To get around this issue I have replced most of the icon images with a name describtion icon pack rather than the standard image symbol of most icons as below.

When it comes to the placebar icons they don't change in IconPacker so I think I need to use a more advance tool like resource hacker but I can't identify the elements name for the placebar icons hence why I asked the initial question. It an odd request but can you point me i the right direction?

Thanks
optical10

Postby Melloware » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:12 am

Oh I think I understand.

I think those Folder icons that get put in from PlacesBar editor are just links the and the open dialog represents them as Folders. I think all icons are stored in C:\Windows\System32\shelldlg.dll or shell.dll or something like that.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby optical10 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:30 am

Sorry about the delay . It turns out that I need to use restorator 2007 for the 64bit win7 os and I've been to busy reading how this piece of sw can screw-up if you dont know what your doing. So slowly slowly catchy monkey seems appropriate.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction with your last reply. :)
optical10

Postby Melloware » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:20 pm

No problem!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to PlacesBar Editor