JIntellitype not working on windows 7 beta

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the JIntellitype Java API.

JIntellitype not working on windows 7 beta

Postby imphat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Hello,

I am trying to run JIntellitype on windows 7 beta (build 7000) but it does not seem to work. My application freezes whenever I call

Code: Select all
JIntellitype.getInstance().registerHotKey(1, JIntellitype.MOD_CONTROL, (int) 'P');

can anyone confirm that it really does not work on windows 7 beta, or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance :)
imphat

Re: JIntellitype not working on windows 7 beta

Postby imphat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:46 pm

nevermind.. I tested the Eclipse Example provided and it works just fine

I just fixed my app and now the hotkeys work just fine. This is the easiest way to work with hooks in Java, no doubt about that.. best solution ever!

Now, about my problem, I still don't know why it was not working before. I moved some stuff to my constructor and it started to work just fine..
I also got a loj4j error. I was using it already, but, just to be sure, JIntellitype won't work without log4j?
imphat

Postby Melloware » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:05 am

imphat wrote:nevermind.. I tested the Eclipse Example provided and it works just fine

I just fixed my app and now the hotkeys work just fine. This is the easiest way to work with hooks in Java, no doubt about that.. best solution ever!

Now, about my problem, I still don't know why it was not working before. I moved some stuff to my constructor and it started to work just fine..
I also got a loj4j error. I was using it already, but, just to be sure, JIntellitype won't work without log4j?

Hmmm not sure why your original code didn't work. Did you forget to initialize JIntellitype? Was the DLL in the proper location?

As for log4J, NO, Jintellitype uses Apache Commons Logging. In my example Swing code I use Log4J as the underlying implementation but you could use straight Java logging if you configure it.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby imphat » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Ah, ok, thx for the reply :)

I played a bit more with your lib today.. it works beautifully

I really don't know much about windows and hooks and stuff, but after getting my hotkeys working I am now trying to write an app that measures for how long a certain key was pressed, so I started wondering if that would be possible using JIntellitype...

as far as I can tell, the HotKeyListener only knows when a certain key combination is typed, but not exactly when the keys were pressed and released, so it would be impossible to know the time gap between a keypress and a keyrelease, right?
imphat

Postby Melloware » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:33 pm

That is correct, it won't measure key down and key up, but you could easily download Bloodshed C++ compiler (Free) and mess around with adding that code to the JIntellitype DLL. Not sure how exactly you could do it but I am sure it's possible.
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby dona1d » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:19 pm

imphat wrote:Hello,

I am trying to run JIntellitype on windows 7 beta (build 7000) but it does not seem to work. My application freezes whenever I call

Code: Select all
JIntellitype.getInstance().registerHotKey(1, JIntellitype.MOD_CONTROL, (int) 'P');

can anyone confirm that it really does not work on windows 7 beta, or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi mate, all is working fine for me on Windows 7 64 bit, so I doubt it is that. Okay, just noticed that you was referring to the beta version and that this is quite old, but nevertheless it works for me.
dona1d

Return to JIntellitype