UnsatisfiedLink exception

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the JIntellitype Java API.

UnsatisfiedLink exception

Postby Zoke23 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:48 am

Hey I have the same error as the creator of this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7271.

I have done everything that somehow helped this person. I have downloaded the fully working example and it works, but I can not get the code to work in my project, the DLL is in the correct folder because I get the UnsatisfiedLinkError, and not the null pointer error that I get when the DLL is missing. I use a 32 bit Windows 7 and the IDE i'm using is Netbeans. I took the example code and put it into netbeans, but it has the same result as the code I'm trying to run.
Zoke23

Re: UnsatisfiedLink exception

Postby Melloware » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:27 am

Are you using the latest 1.3.6 release of JIntellitype?

Make sure you have JIntellitype DLL and not JINtellitype63.dll in your path?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Zoke23 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:50 am

Yes I am using the latest version, I have downloaded a couple of times. I have taken the DLL and pasted it into the working demo file and it still worked. Regardless of if I put the DLL in the System32 Folder or just in the Project folder it didn't make a difference, I just placed all the java files directly into My project, and I'm not using that Logger code that was in the Demo, would that make a difference? I thought all I had to do was place the DLL in the project folder, the java files in the Src with the other java files, and then start using it...correct me if I'm wrong.
Zoke23

Postby Melloware » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:54 am

Zoke23 wrote:Yes I am using the latest version, I have downloaded a couple of times. I have taken the DLL and pasted it into the working demo file and it still worked. Regardless of if I put the DLL in the System32 Folder or just in the Project folder it didn't make a difference, I just placed all the java files directly into My project, and I'm not using that Logger code that was in the Demo, would that make a difference? I thought all I had to do was place the DLL in the project folder, the java files in the Src with the other java files, and then start using it...correct me if I'm wrong.

Well that "depends" on when you run your Netbeans project where it considers the working directory. That is the directory the DLL must be placed in. To determine that directory while running in Netbeans...

Code: Select all
File file = new File(".");
System.out.println(file.getAbsolutePath());

After that if you put the DLL in the path listed above and run in Netbeans and it gives you unsatisfied link error then something else is messed up with your setup because that should absolutely work.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Zoke23 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:27 am

Yup, the DLL is in the absolute path... There are some Netbeans updates too install I'll try them and see if anything changes, if not I'll wait till I get back to college and see if my desktop works, untill then I'll just use a workaround for the feature I was trying to use hotkeys for.

I've never worked with DLL's or the JNI before, is there anything I have to download or do to use the native interface...or is it just part of the JDK?
Zoke23

Postby Melloware » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Zoke23 wrote:Yup, the DLL is in the absolute path... There are some Netbeans updates too install I'll try them and see if anything changes, if not I'll wait till I get back to college and see if my desktop works, untill then I'll just use a workaround for the feature I was trying to use hotkeys for.

I've never worked with DLL's or the JNI before, is there anything I have to download or do to use the native interface...or is it just part of the JDK?

It's all part of the JDK.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to JIntellitype