JIntellitype not working: Invalid Access To Memory Location

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the JIntellitype Java API.

JIntellitype not working: Invalid Access To Memory Location

Postby jbeland » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Hello!

I've been trying to work with JIntellitype, but I can't seem to get it working. Whenever I try to initialize it in Java using JIntellitype.getInstance(), I get this error:

Code: Select all
Exception in thread "main" com.melloware.jintellitype.JIntellitypeException: Could not load JIntellitype.dll from local file system or from inside JAR
   at com.melloware.jintellitype.JIntellitype.<init>(JIntellitype.java:109)
   at com.melloware.jintellitype.JIntellitype.getInstance(JIntellitype.java:166)
   at jIntellitypeTestPackage.JIntellitypeTestRunner.<init>(JIntellitypeTestRunner.java:49)
   at jIntellitypeTestPackage.JIntellitypeTestRunner.main(JIntellitypeTestRunner.java:131)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:/JIntellitype/JIntellitype.dll (Invalid access to memory location. )
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:1018)
   at java.lang.System.load(System.java:457)
   at com.melloware.jintellitype.JIntellitype.<init>(JIntellitype.java:94)
   ... 3 moree

When I try to load the library myself using System.loadLibrary("JIntellitype.dll"), I get the same root cause with the following error:

Code: Select all
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JIntellitype.dll (Invalid access to memory location. )
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:1018)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:982)
   at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:469)
   at jIntellitypeTestPackage.JIntellitypeTestRunner.<init>(JIntellitypeTestRunner.java:45)
   at jIntellitypeTestPackage.JIntellitypeTestRunner.main(JIntellitypeTestRunner.java:131)

I've tried running your working example, and I get that same "Invalid Access to memory location" error. I'm currently developing it in eclipse 3.6, but I've also run it from the command line with the same result. I've tried multiple JDKs: sun java 1.6 32bit and 64bit, I've even tried the IBM 32bit sdk. I'm currently running Windows 7 64bit OS. I've also tried loading the 64bit JIntellitype.dll, but that didn't work either. My project will be used on multiple machines, so optimally, I don't want to have to add anything to the PATH system environment variable or have to add the .dll into Windows/System32 or any other extra overhead for setup, but I've tried both those as well just to see, and that still didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jordan
jbeland

Re: JIntellitype not working: Invalid Access To Memory Location

Postby Melloware » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:56 pm

This guy had the same problem...

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9381

He fixed it by reinstalling the JRE but he never did figure out why.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jbeland » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:19 am

Sorry. I should have mentioned that in my original post. I tried reinstalling the JRE as well (for each JDK that I used), but that didn't seem to help :(
jbeland

Postby jbeland » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:20 am

After investigating a little bit more, I tried running JDK 1.7, and it seemed to work fine on that, but if I go back to JDK 1.6, I get that error again. So this can be marked as solved, but I'm not sure why it isn't compatible with JDK 1.6?
jbeland

Postby Melloware » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 pm

jbeland wrote:After investigating a little bit more, I tried running JDK 1.7, and it seemed to work fine on that, but if I go back to JDK 1.6, I get that error again. So this can be marked as solved, but I'm not sure why it isn't compatible with JDK 1.6?

I test on JDK6 so the only thing I can think of it is something specific with that installation of JDK6?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jbeland » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Melloware wrote:
jbeland wrote:After investigating a little bit more, I tried running JDK 1.7, and it seemed to work fine on that, but if I go back to JDK 1.6, I get that error again. So this can be marked as solved, but I'm not sure why it isn't compatible with JDK 1.6?

I test on JDK6 so the only thing I can think of it is something specific with that installation of JDK6?

Can you point me to the location you grabbed your JDK6 from? I'll try running that one to see if it works, as using JDK7 isn't really practical for my purpose right now.
jbeland

Postby Melloware » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:40 pm

I grabbed it from Oracle's site and it is JDK 1.6.0_23.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jbeland » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:04 pm

I've grabbed 1.6.0_23 and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks!
jbeland

Postby dona1d » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:53 pm

jbeland wrote:I've grabbed 1.6.0_23 and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

Thanks for mentioning this. I'm going to have to get to grips with this soon, good to hear you got it going okay, I'll make a note of it.
dona1d

Return to JIntellitype