Information about Iphone WIFI connection problems

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

Information about Iphone WIFI connection problems

Postby Phosphorblind » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:44 am

Hello everyone,

Since it took me a while to figure this out, I thought it might be helpful if posted this here. Even though this is rather general Iphone (3g) behaviour, it seems to fit here too.

The Iphone itself, and other devices seem to send out a lot of noise, which quickly interferes with each other. If you have wireless home phones, more than one router, plus your iphone I would strongly suggest to optimize the channel usage in your home.

It is always best to choose frequencies which are furthest away from each other. For example if you have two routers, choose channel 1 and 13 (1 and 12 outside Europe). The Iphone itself seems to be in the lower range of these router channels, so I would recommend to set the closest router on the highest possible channel available (13 in europe, 12 outside europe). If you have other wireless appliances around, try moving them as far away as possible, and if you can find out on which bandwidth they operate, adjust router channel settings accordingly.

Some might think that this is not that important, but I just realized HOW important it is. My Intelliphone s' connection improved drastically after optimizing the bandwidth allocations. As well this will improve the range of your wireless devices. So if you keep on having inconsistencies and weird connectivity issues, please try as explained above.

Regards,
Max

PS: Intelliphone rocks!
Phosphorblind

Re: Information about Iphone WIFI connection problems

Postby Melloware » Tue May 19, 2009 7:45 am

Thanks for the props....and this post is AWESOME. I can't thank you enough for posting it....
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Melloware » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:07 am

haddenharley wrote:Okay so I've been having problems with my second gen iPhone. I had downgraded to 3.0 firmware and jailbroke/unlocked it with redsn0w. Everything worked fine the first few days, but then the wifi started messing up, and now it doesn't work at all. I've been following tips from various sources such as restoring my iPhone, resetting network settings, resetting all settings, and even just resetting my router. Nothing worked and I'm pretty much thinking that my iPhone is just bricked. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can possibly fix this, or should I just wait until the next update and jailbreak method?

Some people have reported their WIFI issues showed up recently and they reported it being fixed if they turned Bluetooth off in the their iPhone. I don't know why that would be, but more than a few people have reported this to me.
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby reeven » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Phosphorblind , what is your maximum speed do you get on your iphone?

Mine is 650KB-900kb( 6-7 mbs) with an Asus Wl-500 GP router.( this one rock), better then D-link.
reeven

Return to Intelliphone