Comments & Suggestions

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

Comments & Suggestions

Postby scooter133 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 am

First off, Love the Product. It's the envy of all my friends when I whip out my phone and start controlling my Media PC. My wife was home and wanted to play a Movie for my daughter. She's not technical and I'm over the top, so the Media PC was not at a place she knew how to get the movie playing. I was at my Office, VPN'd to my house, launched the app on my Phone and controlled the Media PC from my office so my kid could watch her movie. Priceless!

I typically use the App in Landscape mode. When you launch the Application and you know you want to be in Landscape mode and turn the phone before it finishes starting, you have to go to Portrait position and then back to landscape again.

Keyboard - If there is already some text in a field and you want to just backspace, but there is nothing in the Field on the iPhone, you cannot backspace. I go from the mouse to the keyboard almost all the time. Could ewe get a Keyboard button on the Mouse Screen?

Mouse Control - Any way to hit the Left button, then use the mouse via MultiTouch in stead of hitting the Hand, then moving?

You working on the iPad version? (-:


Thanks again for a great Product!
scooter133
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:56 am

Re: Comments & Suggestions

Postby Melloware » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:23 am

scooter133 wrote:First off, Love the Product. It's the envy of all my friends when I whip out my phone and start controlling my Media PC. My wife was home and wanted to play a Movie for my daughter. She's not technical and I'm over the top, so the Media PC was not at a place she knew how to get the movie playing. I was at my Office, VPN'd to my house, launched the app on my Phone and controlled the Media PC from my office so my kid could watch her movie. Priceless!

I typically use the App in Landscape mode. When you launch the Application and you know you want to be in Landscape mode and turn the phone before it finishes starting, you have to go to Portrait position and then back to landscape again.


First, thanks for the feedback!!!!

I know. I have not figured out a better way to do this yet! I have tried some things in code but nothing worked properly.

scooter133 wrote:Keyboard - If there is already some text in a field and you want to just backspace, but there is nothing in the Field on the iPhone, you cannot backspace.


I couldn't figure out a clever way to do this either. It seems the Apple Keyboard is autmatically greys out the back button unless there is text in the field.

scooter133 wrote: I go from the mouse to the keyboard almost all the time. Could ewe get a Keyboard button on the Mouse Screen?


Let me think about this. I am afraid of how the mutlitouch works when you go to get out of keyboard mode by tapping on the screen that it will actually execute a mouse action.

scooter133 wrote:Mouse Control - Any way to hit the Left button, then use the mouse via MultiTouch in stead of hitting the Hand, then moving?


Hmmm let me think about that. So you want to instead of clicking the hand for hold LEFT down and then moving around and releasing the Hand icon when done, do hold two fingrers down on the screen instead? I might be able to do that, but the mutlitouch stuff is quite tricky.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Comments & Suggestions

Postby scooter133 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks for getting back....

Ive just started iPhone Programming myself.. (-: whole new environment compared to my typical .Net stuff... Taking the Big Nerd Ranch Class in May! Cant wait. I'll Ask about the Landscape on Startup.

Scott<-
scooter133
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:56 am

Re: Comments & Suggestions

Postby Melloware » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:24 pm

scooter133 wrote:Thanks for getting back....

Ive just started iPhone Programming myself.. (-: whole new environment compared to my typical .Net stuff... Taking the Big Nerd Ranch Class in May! Cant wait. I'll Ask about the Landscape on Startup.

Scott<-


Definitely let me know what you find out. And yes I am from a Java/.NET world and this iPhone Objective-C world is a complete mind-shift from those languages!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Comments & Suggestions

Postby dadudster » Sun May 09, 2010 8:07 pm

Melloware wrote:
scooter133 wrote:Thanks for getting back....

Ive just started iPhone Programming myself.. (-: whole new environment compared to my typical .Net stuff... Taking the Big Nerd Ranch Class in May! Cant wait. I'll Ask about the Landscape on Startup.

Scott<-


Definitely let me know what you find out. And yes I am from a Java/.NET world and this iPhone Objective-C world is a complete mind-shift from those languages!


Welcome to OO vs. functional programming... Its an age-old debate...

scooter133 wrote:You working on the iPad version? (-:


I'm very curious about this as well as I will soon be purchasing an iPad and one of the reasons for getting it is to use it as my keyboard/mouse/remote for my HTPC.. :D
dadudster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:23 am

Re: Comments & Suggestions

Postby Melloware » Mon May 10, 2010 12:47 pm

dadudster wrote:I'm very curious about this as well as I will soon be purchasing an iPad and one of the reasons for getting it is to use it as my keyboard/mouse/remote for my HTPC.. :D


The app works fine on the iPad as is. However a customized iPad only version of the app to take advantage of the iPad is not currently in the works just due to the lack of time! that may change in the future but right now my day job has me buried with work.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Comments & Suggestions

Postby stbluesrul » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:18 pm

How's this for iPad suppot?

Image
stbluesrul
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Comments & Suggestions

Postby Melloware » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:41 am

This looks awesome!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
User avatar
Melloware
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA


Return to Intelliphone

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest