[SOLVED] Android version of Intelliphone

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

Re: [SOLVED] Android version of Intelliphone

Postby Biffa001 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:37 am

Yep updated only yesterday to the new Intelliremote. The app shows it's connected and using the right profile but the pause/info and navigate buttons dont do anything.

cant test anhymore as Xfactor is on!

Will post a review now :-)
Biffa001

Postby Melloware » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:22 pm

OK a good way to debug is to go to the Info tab of Intelliremote. When you press Pause in Android or Navigate arrow buttons do you see the "Last Command" change to show you what was pressed? Or does it say "Unknown".
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Biffa001 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Ok tested a bit more.

the key presses show up correctly in the info tab but still wont control MP - is it because of anything I did in my previous thread?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8723

Also, on the mouse control screen the 3 buttons are too wide so the right most button (right click) is all streatvhed and going vertical instead of horizontal and looks a mess. If you shorten the 3 buttons for portrait mode it will be ok.

Last thing, it loses connection to the Intelliremote server if you change from portrait to landscape and has to connect again. Odd!
Biffa001

Postby Melloware » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:38 pm

1. Yes your MediaPortal profile might need to be tweaked to do the proper MediaPortal commands. Those profiles are sent in by users and I do not test them.

2. As for the Right Mouse Click it looks proper on all devices except yours. I think it has to do with your odd 420 width instead of 480 like all other Android devices. I prefer not to change it as it looks good on others. If I shorten the button to fit on yours it looks odd on other screens. See below...

3. I will look into the Landscape disconnecting issue!

Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby roaoro » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:53 pm

This works awesome so far on my droid eris! I can finally throw out my p.o.s. remote wonder and just use my phone now, thank you for making this available for us droids. I can only hope we can get zone options soon :wink: .
roaoro

Postby Melloware » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm

roaoro wrote:This works awesome so far on my droid eris! I can finally throw out my p.o.s. remote wonder and just use my phone now, thank you for making this available for us droids. I can only hope we can get zone options soon :wink: .

The zone options are there. Simply connect to all your different zones. Now click Menu->Connect and you will see all your zones listed and you can click on one to connect. If you go into Preferences and turn "Auto-Connect" off it will bring up the Zones screen every time you start the app from scratch and let you choose your zone.

Don't forget to do a review on Android Market!!!!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby anjenaire » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:34 pm

I am looking for it on the Android Market but I can't seem to find it (search is coming up empty). What category is it in? (Perhaps I can't find it as I am using a tablet to search; the tablet is using Android OS 2.2 and has a 10 inch screen).
Last edited by anjenaire on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjenaire

Postby Biffa001 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:41 pm

search for Intelliremote not Intelliphone.
Biffa001

Postby Melloware » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:13 pm

anjenaire wrote:I am looking for it on the Android Market but I can't seem to find it (search is coming up empty). What category is it in?

Also it is for OS 2.0 or higher so if you have less than that it won't appear in your Android Market search.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Melloware » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:39 pm

OK 2.8.0.1 has been released to Market and fixes the Lanscape/Portrait reconnection issue as well as add Spanish Language translation!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby anjenaire » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:04 pm

It may be because I am searching using a tablet. The tablet (ViewSonic G Tablet) is using 2.2 but it is 10 inches in diagonal. Perhaps that is why I can't find it (I did searches under both names and even a link sent by Androidzoom.com but came up empty).
anjenaire

Postby Melloware » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:31 pm

anjenaire wrote:It may be because I am searching using a tablet. The tablet (ViewSonic G Tablet) is using 2.2 but it is 10 inches in diagonal. Perhaps that is why I can't find it (I did searches under both names and even a link sent by Androidzoom.com but came up empty).

Yeah apparently a lot of the tablets don't respect the full Android Market and apps are not available. I know this was a big problem with the 1st gen tablets and the Samsung Galaxy Tab is supposed to be one of the first ones to have the normal Android Market include all phone apps.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby anjenaire » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:05 pm

I restarted the Google Frameworks and now I am able to download and install. Having an issue with the port so I can't connect. I'm guessing either firewall or similar issue.
anjenaire

Postby Melloware » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:38 pm

anjenaire wrote:I restarted the Google Frameworks and now I am able to download and install. Having an issue with the port so I can't connect. I'm guessing either firewall or similar issue.

Let me know if you can get it figured out. Port 6000 is correct it is most likely blocked by your firewall.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby shiregator » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi, I'm using the HTC EVO. This app is great, thanks! I am having the following problems.

1. The Navigate arrows move the mouse instead. The "Last Command" on the Info tab of Intelliremote shows the proper command ("Arrow Right", "Arrow Left", etc).
2. The Media "MCE" buttons (MCE Videos, MCE Live TV, etc) don't navigate in MCE. Again the "Last Command" shows the proper command.
shiregator

PreviousNext

Return to Intelliphone