Intelliphone 2.7.9 + iPhone 3.1.3 + Landscape Mode = CRASH

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

Intelliphone 2.7.9 + iPhone 3.1.3 + Landscape Mode = CRASH

Postby darcilicious » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 pm

I have just upgraded to Intelliphone 2.7.9 on my iPhone 3.1.3 (3G, jailbroken) and every time I tilt to go into landscape mode, it crashes. Help? :)

Cheers,
D
darcilicious

Re: Intelliphone 2.7.9 + iPhone 3.1.3 + Landscape Mode = CRASH

Postby Melloware » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:10 pm

darcilicious wrote:I have just upgraded to Intelliphone 2.7.9 on my iPhone 3.1.3 (3G, jailbroken) and every time I tilt to go into landscape mode, it crashes. Help? :)

Cheers,
D

I just submitted 2.7.9.1 to the AppStore. My code only seems to work on OS 4.0 right now since that is what I compiled and tested on. Leave it to Apple to break things between OS's.....

So I have to revert code back to OS 3 level and submit the patch to Apple so hopefully 2.7.9.1 will get approved shortly.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby darcilicious » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Silly Apple, don't you just hate that?

BTW, I'm working on updating the default sagetv.xml file -- not sure who came up with some of the mappings but quite a few are not how they are documented in the SageTV Manual :p

I'll send along my final version along with a note about what I changed so you can decide if you want to use it or not ;) One or two will end up being my personal preference (e.g. I think using 'CLR' to delete a video file or recording is not a good idea ;) but that's just me) and I'll be sure to note those specifically.

Cheers!
D
darcilicious

Postby Melloware » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:01 pm

I will definitely use your SageTV profile. I see you found a use for the PostMessage stuff after all!

But yes, Apple pisses me off with these major OS updates that make it nightmarish for us developers to stay both forward and backward compatible.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby darcilicious » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Melloware wrote:I will definitely use your SageTV profile. I see you found a use for the PostMessage stuff after all!
Well, let's just say that I don't DISLIKE it ;)

But yes, Apple pisses me off with these major OS updates that make it nightmarish for us developers to stay both forward and backward compatible.
That's because they want everyone on the latest software AND hardware. But I won't be installing 4.x on my poor little ol' 3G. Ever. ;)
darcilicious

Postby Melloware » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:15 pm

2.7.9.1 was just approved by Apple so you should have the update in 4-6 hours.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby CRSounds » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:49 am

Hi All,
Just updated my iPod Touch (first Gen 3.1.3, Intelliremote 2.7.9.912). I can't see the full version for Intelliphone but it starts at 2.7.... I still have the problem of the application crashing (even after the update) when I try and switch to landscape mode. Is there any way to verify that I have the latest patch for intelliphone?
Thanks
CR
CRSounds

Postby Melloware » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:22 am

CRSounds wrote:Hi All,
Just updated my iPod Touch (first Gen 3.1.3, Intelliremote 2.7.9.912). I can't see the full version for Intelliphone but it starts at 2.7.... I still have the problem of the application crashing (even after the update) when I try and switch to landscape mode. Is there any way to verify that I have the latest patch for intelliphone?
Thanks
CR

That is it, the 2.7... the .9.1 is cut off. I just downloaded 2.7.9.1 on my 3G and 4G iphones and both were able to flip to landscape mode no problem.

When is the last time you hard rebooted your phone? Hold HOME+LOCK for 10 seconds it will hard reboot the phone, i have seen that fix quirky issues like this.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby CRSounds » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Sorry to say but the reboot did not correct the problem. As soon as I switched to landscape, Intelliphone quit. My IPOD Touch is a first gen but has served me well these last few years. Is there any way to load a former Intelliphone build that was working?

Is there anything else I can look at to help diagnose the problem?

Let me know, and many thanks!
CR
CRSounds

Postby Melloware » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:05 pm

CRSounds wrote:Sorry to say but the reboot did not correct the problem. As soon as I switched to landscape, Intelliphone quit. My IPOD Touch is a first gen but has served me well these last few years. Is there any way to load a former Intelliphone build that was working?

Is there anything else I can look at to help diagnose the problem?

Let me know, and many thanks!
CR

Hmmmm the only way to load the old version was if it didn't get trashed in your recycle bin when Itunes updated it. it puts the IPA files of old version in Recycle Bin/Trash.

That is so strange so it works fine on my two devices but is failing on your iPod first Gen? Reeven what do you have?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby CRSounds » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:23 pm

OK I got the older version dated July 12 2010. How do I reload that into iTunes? (I appreciate any help on this).
CRSounds

Postby CRSounds » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:41 pm

version 2.7.8 works fine!!! (was able to reload it -- thanks for the recycle bin tip)
CRSounds

Postby Melloware » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:07 pm

CRSounds wrote:version 2.7.8 works fine!!! (was able to reload it -- thanks for the recycle bin tip)

This is still weird because I didn't touch ANY of the code that has anything to do with Landscape mode. The only thing I can think of is the new SDK 4.0 compiler is causing it to do something weird. I am stumped on this one...
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby CRSounds » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:52 am

Wish I could help you diagnose this, but I don't know what else to do. I guess from your last comment you compiled 2.7.8 with a previous version of the compiler. Is it possible to send me an ipa of v2.7.8 compiled on 4.0SDK with no other changes? or does the IPA have to go through Apple. If we assume the problem is in the SDK and not your code then a fresh build of 2.7.8 using the new compiler, should fail the same way as the newer code does (in which case we have an Apple bug).

Anyway I would be willing to help any way I can, just let me know if that makes any sense!
Regards,
CR
CRSounds

Postby Sauron » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Where did you get the 2.7.8 version? i'm having the same issue with ipod gen 1.
Sauron

Next

Return to Intelliphone