Intelliphone 2.7.9 + iPhone 3.1.3 + Landscape Mode = CRASH

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

Re: Crashing entering landscape mode

Postby Melloware » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:19 am

hifitubes wrote:Off a fresh reboot and still having a problem after a recent Intelliremote update.

I crash IR when I attempt to get into landscape/screen control mode.

Just updated (last week) on iPhone running: 2.7.9.912

Server is: 2.7.9.912

See this thread...

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8585

We think it is specific devices running OS 3.1.3. I have tested on iPad 3.2 and iPhone 3G and 4G running OS4 with no crashes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: iPhone Crashing entering landscape mode

Postby hifitubes » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Darn, I'm run a hacked phone with that OS and wasted 3 hours last weekend trying to "upgrade" it.

I'm going to test with my wife's phone tonight.

thanks
hifitubes

Re: iPhone Crashing entering landscape mode

Postby Melloware » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:55 pm

Definitely let me know how the wife's phone goes...
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: Intelliphone 2.7.9 + iPhone 3.1.3 + Landscape Mode = CRASH

Postby darcilicious » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:31 pm

Well, shoot, I should have checked here first :p

Same problem with the latest version on my iPhone 3.1.3

Here's a little trick, folks, for being able to back out of an upgraded version of an App.

1) Always upgrade from your iPhone and never upgrade your apps in iTunes
2) Test the upgraded version of all Apps downloaded on your iPhone
3) DON'T sync with iTunes until you've completed step #4
4) DELETE any Apps off your iPhone that don't work
5) Sync your iPhone to iTunes -- it will grab (old) version still in iTunes and put it on your iPhone

(or restore from the recylce bin if you can :) )
darcilicious

Postby Melloware » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:36 am

Can you guys getting the crash on 3.1.3 try something...

1. Go into Settings->Intelliremote and change Landscape Locked property to ON.

2. Try Intelliremote, does it crash?

3. Now go back into Settings and turn Landscape Locked back to OFF.

4. Try Intelliremtoe again, does it crash?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Jurgonh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:43 pm

Yes and yes
Jurgonh

Postby brian » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:04 am

I am not using Intelliphone...instead its Intelliremote

Intelliremote 2.7.... + iPad 3.1.3 + Landscape Mode = CRASH

Ipad 3.1.3
Inteliremote reports 2.7....
Server 2.7.9.12

I have not had use of my remote since this last update, has there been any fix for this?
brian

Postby Melloware » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:28 am

I also use all the same versions as you including my iPad and mine does not crash in Landscape. So it's impossible for me to debug something I can't reproduce.

The iPad 4.0 OS is due out next week, can you try again when that comes out?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby brian » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Well I guess I could ...But..I Don't want a new Itouch OS!

I have a Jailbroken Itouch, I like to get and use non-Apple approved applications.
I don't like apple, I never have, You buy an Apple gadget and your are tied to them for life..Everything apple does is platform dependant..there platform..no outside hardware(maybe a printer)..just more Apple products.

I only suspect that the Jailbreak programs are what screwed up your newer versions compatability of this app., or Apple did something to do it..I don't know.

Its a trade off, do I allow upgrade to a new Itouch OS and be TIED to Apple forever ?

I dont know why I had to Upgrade the intelliremote software..I DID NOT WANT to upgrade the software..I was forced to!
Its Nice that you guys came out with a new version..but why did I have to take it..I was happy before.
In the future, please don't force people to TAKE AN UPDATE, perhaps a notice that an upgrade is available instead.
I was happy with the version I had..It worked GREAT...and if I had the option to upgrade...I would have said NO.
I would rather go back to the version I had..it was PERFECT..Where can I get it again?
Last edited by brian on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brian

Postby Melloware » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Unfortunately you can't get the old version unless you saved it in your Recycle Bin/Trash when you upgraded.

I suspect it might be the jailbreak or it might not. I think some people have reported it with non-jailbroken OS 3.1.3. I use OS 3.1.3 with no problems, I have tried everything to reproduce it on my iPad, and 5 different iPhones version 3 and 4 and it works on every single device I have tried. So we haven't narrowed down on why some devices running OS 3 crash.

Question off topic: If you despise Apple so much why drop 500$ for an iPad? Just interested to know because not many people buy Apple gear unless they LOVE Apple gear.

Personally I don't like it either, I think Android is the superior platform but Apple is where the money is right now. :)
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby brian » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:12 pm

I just don't like there strategy..Buy once..customer for life..
BIG-Blue now ..its all interchagable..and because of all the clones= better price, more choice, options.

I have an Itouch..Wife has Ipad..both cool toys, also 4 real computers around the house.

Well if you upgade again..don't make your older versions stop working!

So in effect you came out with an update and turned your older software off.

Why would you do that, my Itouch has had version 3.1.3 on it since day one.

Your FORCED update policy turned it off..

Please...No more FORCED UPDATE

Question off topic: You have a gadget at version 3.1.3..How can this be? This is not the current but an older version. So every time you plug it in your computer a little Itunes screen comes up and tells you an update is avaiable.. right? So you have the option to say YES or NO.

Why did I not get the same option?

Yea I guess I'm kinda ranting..but you get my point.
brian

Postby Melloware » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:26 am

Couldn't you have just said in Itunes when it said "Intelliremote Upgrade Available" just chosen to ignore it? iTunes gives you the exact same option for all apps?

So there is no forced upgrade? Every single app update YOU must approve. Correct or no?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby brian » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 pm

I think it was the SERVER (computer side) that quit working and required an update. Like a dummy I updated the Itouch as well, I did not know if it was required or not to work with the new computer side of things.

Perhaps the above was a bad example. Here is a new one.

If Microsoft right now offered me a free upgrade to Windows7, I would not take it..
Why, Everything I need, use and want is on my system now and it all work well. It took me many hours of
troubleshooting to get all my programs to work in harmony.
It has been my experience over the years that there are ALWAYS some compatability problems.

I'm an old time computer guy, if it does what you need/wan't..don't mess with it. The KISS principle.

Its not the 20 or 30 bucks that your prgm cost, its the time put into it to get it perfect.
Its was used on a home theatre system running MyTheatre out to a projection TV..out to 9x6 foot screen..I spent many hrs making a script for it and its still not perfect..but its pretty darn good.
I do have a remote that has basic functions, but does not have all the fancy functions of the Itouch and Intelliremote and the script.

Make no mistake the update was FORCED..be it the Computer(server side) or the (Itouch/Ipad side).What I had stopped working and a screen came up and told me an update was REQUIRED, but I really don't remember if it was the computer or Itouch.

If you don't believe me, just look at this thread 3 pages long of people having the same problem.

Is it the end of the world..heck no I will most likely just update the Itouch as its most important function in its life is as a remote for the tv system.

My point is..If you come out with a new version of your prgm..DON'T turn off old versions!

You will have 3 pages of problems next time also, because there are ALWAYS some compatability problems.

Enough of my rant..there are no problems only solutions..haha

Solution:
Why don't you just make your older versions (with shut off removed) avaivable to your people?

You could call it Intelliremote/Intelliphone for people with OS 3.1.3...post the server link here, and up the other to Itunes/Cydia..ect
brian

Postby Melloware » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:35 am

brian wrote:Solution:
Why don't you just make your older versions (with shut off removed) avaivable to your people?

You could call it Intelliremote/Intelliphone for people with OS 3.1.3...post the server link here, and up the other to Itunes/Cydia..ect

if I post anything to Cydia or Installer Apple revokes my developer license and removes all my apps from the appstore.

As for iTunes I can't post two versions of the same app unless I call it "light". And since the landscape code did not change between 2.7.8 and 2.7.9 i don't know why that would fix it since it doesn't crash on any of my 3.x devices.

I definitely understand your frustration...but like i said I have tried EVERYTHING to reproduce this error and out of my thousands of users only the people on this thread reporting having the problem.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby brian » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Then the heck with them, just send it to me...hahah

I used to know how to manipulate the directory structure and files on the Itouch..but that was a year ago..I would have to learn it all over again. There are other programs to move stuff back and forth without using Itunes, but that was long ago. So I'm gonna try a few things to help sort this out a bit.

My 20 year old girl had an Itouch, I had forgoten about it.
Wife has Ipad..
Will try them both.

I grabbed her Itouch was gonna go to the app store and put Intelliremote on it. It was already there, I guess, I put that on there a year ago and had forgoten about it..after all its hers, and like everthing in her room its off limits to me.

Her Itouch has OS 3.1.2 on it, and I shoud think the old version of Intelliremote that only reads (2.7....) on the Intelliremote Itouch info screen. I assume it is the old version as I have never touched it..and I can't see her updating it (maybe an update all)..she does not know how to use the computerized home theatre system at all. As the GIRLS are not welcome in the man cave with the big screen tv, I even have to change channels for them if there is something special they want to watch.

NOTE: I don't know if it matters, but it also crashes after looking at the above info screen..I remeber mine did too!

I tried the Ipad OS at version 3.2...downloaded the app from the app store...worked just fine, nice big screen..I like

So no go on 2 itouches at OS's 3.1.2 and 3.1.3...works on Ipad.

I seem to remember the Itunes software had some kinda backup function..I'm off to go play with it and see if I had used it at one time, my only other option is to take an Itouch update..and lose my jailbroken Itouch.

You know I really don't want to lose the Jailbreak, and if I can't do a restore and If it would help your debugging and your interested I would be willing to send you the silly thing to play with for yourself..I'm just in Ohio
brian

PreviousNext

Return to Intelliphone