Here are a few Android client feature requests:
- Enable long press key repeat. This is especially useful for volume control.
- Option to disable screen lock so that the password doesn't have to be re-entered after activation of the power saving mode (only if the process has focus).
- Prevent disconnection while viewing Settings. Maybe disconnect/reconnect should only occur if we change something?
- Mouse simulation sensitivity control.
- Customizable skinning (at least the buttons).
Note: I own a Sprint Evo running Froyo. Thanks for this useful addition!
1. I left out long key press because I could not get it to act right on Android with the scrolling screen. So I pulled it for sake of stability
2. I don't think this is possible with Android allowing me to disable screen lock but I could be wrong.
3. This is actually key behavior because as soon as you go to Settings the disconnect happens assuming you are entering new data. If you want to just connect to another server you should use Menu->Connect instead which brings up a list of your previously connected servers.
4. You can do this NOW from the Server. On the PC Server Settings tab see "Phone Mouse Pixels" that is how many pixels the mouse moves per pixel on the mobile device. The higher the number the more it moves with your finger the lower like "1" it moves 1 pixel for every 1 pixel moved on the mobile device.
5. This is a much requested feature of hte iPHone app that I have left out due to complexity of the beast the keep-it-simple-keep-it-stupid policy we have here at Melloware without adding complexity to confuse most users. If you need skinning I recommend CommandFusion iViewer for Intelliremote.http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7948