[SOLVED] Nook Color Server address issue

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

[SOLVED] Nook Color Server address issue

Postby thejaff » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:16 pm

This is a small bug that I noticed pops up for me every couple of time I run Intelliphone (the android version). What happens is that it cannot connect to the server, but the reason is that it has somehow mistakenly taken the server address and doubled it.. resulting in error such as:

Failure to connect to server
'192.168.1.101/192.168.1.101:6000'

The settings page reveals that the server ip is entered correctly, and it does indeed work other times.
thejaff

Re: Server address issue

Postby Melloware » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:16 am

It's not double that is just the error message.

Make sure your Android has connected to your WIFI network before press the Intelliremote icon. I bet what is happening is your are still on your 3G connection and 192.168.1.101 will mean nothing to your 3G external connection.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby thejaff » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:18 am

Ok, that totally makes more sense of what is happening.. I was seeing that double listing of the IP as the CAUSE of why I wasn't connecting, not as a symptom or result of it not being able to connect. I was just looking at it backwards.

Incidentally I am running this on a Nookcolor with CM7 so I don't have 3g.. just wireless and very limited range bluetooth, so that wasn't the issue, but I HAD been having a lot of issues with the nook itself lately, which I thought were due to the Google Market.. it turns out everything was caused by running the OS off the SDcard. Apparently it works for some people with some cards, but not for me. I did get it all straightened out finally and now just finally took the plunge and overwrote the Barnes and Noble software with CM7. Now it is flawless and all my problems with connections and crashes have disappeared. Countless resets were the norm before, and sometimes it wouldn't retain the changes I had made just prior to a crash or a need to reset including the wireless settings which would sometimes be shut off for no good reason. It was a hassle to say the least, but totally worth it in the end.

I only mention this to get to the ultimate point of telling you that your software does work perfectly on the Nookcolor if anyone is interested in doing so. Its a really powerful tablet for a low price if you are willing to tinker with it a bit and it now makes a great remote! While I seem to crave customization of the look of intelliphone like some others, it almost feels glutonous to think about as the functionality is perfect and does everything I could want it to. I have tried HIP and Girder, and a few other misc programs in the past, and Intelliremote is in my opinion (by an exponential factor), the best. Intelliphone just took it over the edge for me. I'm totally pleased with it, and I may just have to get into Z-wave or X10 now..
thejaff

Postby Melloware » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:27 am

Awesome! Thanks for posting back! When you said Android i always automatically assume a phone but I forgot you had the Nook.

Great investigative work.
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliphone