[FIXED] Version 1.1

Forum to discuss the BlueSocket Authenticator for iPhone/iPod Touch

[FIXED] Version 1.1

Postby Melloware » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 am

I have added the following to Version 1.1 and it has been pushed to the AppStore but is "Under Review". It could take anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks to show up in the AppStore.

New Features:

- Added ability to login as a "Guest Connection" which many universities use. This is a type of connection that only requires and email address and not a username/password.

- NEW logo! More iPhone like than the original.

- Minor tweaks and code tightening
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: Version 1.1

Postby jacktipshus » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Bud,

I just announced your product (BlueSocket Authenticator) to my entire faculty, staff, and student body here. So far (5 minutes), at least 5 people tell me they downloaded it from the AppStore. At any given time, I can see over 200 iPhones and another 50+ iPod Touch on my WLAN. We're Bluesocket heavy and have the entire university (indoor and outdoor) covered for Wi-Fi.

Version 1.1 -- Is that another $1.99 to download it? I assume yes.

Thanks for a simply and elegant application. I love the PDP8 reference, by the way.

Cheers,

Jack
jacktipshus

Postby Melloware » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:25 pm

jack,

I don't think you have to repay the $1.99 for 1.1 if you bought 1.0! I think Itunes will just upgrade you whenever it gets released to AppStore but like i said I am new at this. :)

I wrote this application only because my company uses BlueSocket and it is a pain to re-login so I sat down and wrote my first iPhone Application and I am happy with how it came out. I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH for announcing it to your whole University. Did you happen to review it in the Appstore? I am always looking for good reviews on the AppStore!

Jack have we met? How did you know my first name is Bud? From my LinkedIn Profile?

Thanks a million!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jacktipshus » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Bud,

Yeah, I'm sneaky like that. I just wanted to reach out and thank you for such a great (and elegant) piece of code.

I appreciate the update info. I'm probably the only person not carrying an iPhone yet, so it is less likely you will see my name on a review there. I'll get my users to submit some (+) reviews on the AppStore.

Best to you,

Jack

Melloware wrote:jack,

I don't think you have to repay the $1.99 for 1.1 if you bought 1.0! I think Itunes will just upgrade you whenever it gets released to AppStore but like i said I am new at this. :)

I wrote this application only because my company uses BlueSocket and it is a pain to re-login so I sat down and wrote my first iPhone Application and I am happy with how it came out. I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH for announcing it to your whole University. Did you happen to review it in the Appstore? I am always looking for good reviews on the AppStore!

Jack have we met? How did you know my first name is Bud? From my LinkedIn Profile?

Thanks a million!
jacktipshus

Postby Melloware » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:59 am

I just got an email from Apple saying version 1.1 will be posted sometime in the next 24 hours!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to BlueSocket Authenticator (closed)