[SOLVED] Invalid Certificate

Forum to discuss the BlueSocket Authenticator for iPhone/iPod Touch

[SOLVED] Invalid Certificate

Postby lordpookdai » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:48 pm

Hey! Thanks for developing an app to make life with blue socket a bit less annoying!

Currently when I attempt to open my school's bluesocket page to log in to the network I get the message "Certificate Invalid, continue anyway?" When I tap OK it allows me to sign in...but I don't think that your app is able to bypass that situation.

Let me verify that this is definitely not a problem with your app, simply a problem with the Admins at my school. It may be nice to implement that "OK" step if able and if others have the problem.

I'd be happy to send you the source of that login page next time I'm on campus (tomorrow?)

If not I understand this is a problem with my campus ---not your problem to work in a bug fix =)

Thanks for writing (in my opinion) two of the most useful iphone apps around!!
lordpookdai

Re: Invalid Certificate

Postby Melloware » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:53 pm

Hey!

Thanks for the compliments and support! I hope you said as much in your AppStore reviews??? I am so tired of getting flamed by people who think everything on the iPhone should be free. It kind of wears you down when you work so hard at this stuff like i do.

As for your BlueSocket problem...THAT SUCKS. That means your admin's are lazy and don't have a valid SSL certificate which is why its popping up that dialog. I would say your scenario is in the bottom 1% or even less of any institutions using Bluesocket so I am hesitate to code in a "hack" or "workaround" for this scenario. Let me see if I can do it non-intrusively for BlueSocket 1.2 but I can't make any promises. I hope you understand?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby lordpookdai » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:13 pm

absolutely!! I have a few connections in the IT department here so I may have to smack some people around...They do like to cut corners when possible though, doh!

I haven't had a nickname to review apps ever...but I'll make sure to drop one in there just for you! =)

Thanks for the quick response!
lordpookdai

Postby Melloware » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 pm

thanks! You rule!

It's users like yourself that remind me why I do this stuff...
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby lordpookdai » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Just as an update. I did some phishing through my university's web page (boy they need some help with their search function) and was able to stumble upon the certificate for the internal network.

BlueSocket does indeed work now after installing that certificate on my iphone. My only question is: who implements a client-side cert authentication!? apparently lazy people.

Thanks again for the great app...I will most likely purchase an intelliremote license when 1.1 of the iphone app makes its way to the store...my hands are a bit large for the buttons as they are :D
lordpookdai

Postby Melloware » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:10 pm

lordpookdai wrote:Just as an update. I did some phishing through my university's web page (boy they need some help with their search function) and was able to stumble upon the certificate for the internal network.

BlueSocket does indeed work now after installing that certificate on my iphone. My only question is: who implements a client-side cert authentication!? apparently lazy people.

Thanks again for the great app...I will most likely purchase an intelliremote license when 1.1 of the iphone app makes its way to the store...my hands are a bit large for the buttons as they are :D

hey thanks for posting back....glad you got it figured out. I don't know where you go to school but it sounds like their IT department is one rickety operation!

as for Intelliphone 1.1 I think you will really like it. I am really happy with the way it is coming out and the Wireless Keyboard and Wireless Mouse aspects I think are going to make it not only a better application, but I am hoping a must have for Home Theatre PC owners!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] Invalid Certificate

Postby Melloware » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:51 pm

This has now been fixed permanently in Version 1.4 by allowing the user to enter an ignore SSL URL to ignore all certificate errors from your institution.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to BlueSocket Authenticator (closed)