Any workable BlueSocket options out there???

Forum to discuss the BlueSocket Authenticator for iPhone/iPod Touch

Any workable BlueSocket options out there???

Postby VW Beetle » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:53 pm

If I understand correctly, BlueSocket Authenticator is gone for good, right? No future updates forthcoming? I am extremely frustrated that the BlueSocket Authenticator no longer works at all with the upgrade to iOS 4.2 and am a little surprised that I don't see many more posts on the internet complaining about BlueSocket issues. Is there a solution to this issue that I have somehow missed? Is there anybody out there who has found a decent work-around that does not involve repeatedly opening Safari and reentering one's credentials? As far as I can tell, neither of the competing apps (BlueLogin or Auto-Wifi) work with iOS 4.2 either.
VW Beetle

Re: Any workable BlueSocket options out there???

Postby Melloware » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 am

That is correct on both fronts.

1. I am not allowed to work on BA anymore because Bluesocket Corporation sent me a letter asking me not to.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8440

2. It seems iOS 4 broke something and I no longer work on a Bluesocket campus to do any testing to figure out what the problem is. I had thought about releasing the code as open source so maybe someone could take it over and fix it but I have had no volunteers yet that can program for the iPhone.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby VW Beetle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Thanks, I can understand your position. I didn't mean to imply that I was frustrated at you---it's this @#$%! BlueSocket that's driving me insane. I am really surprised that there aren't legions of similarly frustrated people in the same boat. The BS Authenticator was a great relief when I first discovered it. Unfortunately, I am not a programmer, so I can't fix it.

For others out there, I am having so-so luck with AutoWifi Lite (the free version). If I can get it to work at least 50% of the time, I might upgrade to the full version.
VW Beetle

Postby Melloware » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:51 am

I definitely understand.
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to BlueSocket Authenticator (closed)