RF receiver for PC

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

RF receiver for PC

Postby jemhayward » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:44 am

I want to make my own remote 'switches' - (the first one will be based on a microwave presence detector), and I have a number of cheap Chinese RF remotes from various other projects that I can 'butcher', so I can send some form of code on the 433Mhz band. I then need something to receive this information, and communicate that to my PC in a way that Intelliremote can understand.

Does anyone know if something like this exists?
jemhayward

Re: RF receiver for PC

Postby Melloware » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:21 am

Nothing that I am aware of but I don't follow RF hardware much. The only RF remote that a lot of people use Intelliremote with is the old ATI Remote Wonder.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jemhayward » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 am

Seems to be a bit of a lost technology, I suppose people are using their phones now. If I got something like a RFXCOM 433 and interfaced that with EventGhost I think I could then get instructions into intelliremote? A lots to go wrong, but I think RFXCOM will pick up from lightwaveRF remotes, so I could possibly butcher one of those as I have a few 'spare' ones. Is it easy to get EventGhost to drive Intelliremote? I use EventGhost at work, with an IR remote quite successfully, so I'm familiar with how EG works.
jemhayward

Postby Melloware » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:25 am

jemhayward wrote:Seems to be a bit of a lost technology, I suppose people are using their phones now. If I got something like a RFXCOM 433 and interfaced that with EventGhost I think I could then get instructions into intelliremote? A lots to go wrong, but I think RFXCOM will pick up from lightwaveRF remotes, so I could possibly butcher one of those as I have a few 'spare' ones. Is it easy to get EventGhost to drive Intelliremote? I use EventGhost at work, with an IR remote quite successfully, so I'm familiar with how EG works.

You could in theory have EventGhost call intelliremote using HTTP get calls to control Intelliremote. our HTTP protocol is in our User Manual PDF.
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jemhayward » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 am

Ah, yes, that would work, as I already use that idea for switching things using NFC tags and my phone.
jemhayward

Return to Intelliremote