Hiding an HID device from intelliremote?

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

Hiding an HID device from intelliremote?

Postby mashakos » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Huge fan of this application. I am a developer by trade but even I would rather use this awesome utility than go through the hassle of bug testing/refining a self-made application to the point it matches intelliremote's feature set and efficiency (I'm saying it's gud!).
There is one small feature that is missing though and it has become a big use case issue for me personally: intelliremote has no option to hide or blacklist devices you don't wish to use with the utility. Normally this wouldn't even be noticeable but I have one device - the Mayflash DolphinBar, a bluetooth wiimote receiver - that has some kind of constant polling behaviour that locks up intelliremote. The result being none of my other conventional remotes register button presses. The only workaround I can think of is unplugging the DolphinBar every time I am not using it which is a bit annoying.

Would it be possible to add in a rudimentary blacklist feature where we can enter the GUID of a gamepad or obscure device like the DolphinBar such that intelliremote ignores it entirely? I'm not asking for a full backend/frontend update but even a simple XML or other text based config file would be great.
mashakos

Re: Hiding an HID device from intelliremote?

Postby Melloware » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:36 am

You can do this now with a registry tweak...

Edit the registry...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Melloware\Intelliremote\IgnoreDevices

Make the value "Mayflash DolphinBar" including the double quotes or whatever the name of the HID device that is displayed on the Devices Tab of Intelliremote.

Now restart Intelliremote, enable HID, and Restart Intelliremote.

Now in the log file you should see "Ignoring Mayflash DolphinBar". Let me know how that goes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby mashakos » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:58 am

It worked!! thanks so much. Can I add more devices separating each name with a comma?
mashakos

Postby Melloware » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Yes I think you can comma separate them!!
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote