[SOLVED] usbirt

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

[SOLVED] usbirt

Postby jdefed » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:13 am

if I was to use the ir receiver USBIRT instead of the WMC receiver that came with the remote, would that stop some double hits that the m/s driver intercepts?
jdefed

Re: usbirt

Postby Melloware » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:33 am

jdefed wrote:if I was to use the ir receiver USBIRT instead of the WMC receiver that came with the remote, would that stop some double hits that the m/s driver intercepts?

If you get a USB-UIRT you can point pretty much any remote at it and then learn it to Intelliremote. the problem with the MCE Remote and the USB-UIRT is the "reflecting codes" Every time you push Play on that remote it sends...

A123
B123
A123
B123

That is currently handled in our Intelliservice to handle the reflecting codes to treat Play as Play every time. If you use the USB-UIRT it is a "raw" translator so to it when you press Play 2 times in a row it will look like 2 completely different buttons you pushed. You will be able to see that with our USB-UIRT Tester app in Start->Programs->Intelliremote.

So what I always recommend to people with a USB-UIRT is to find a remote that sends a signle signal per remote button. Most remotes work that way, the MCE remote just happens to not be one of them.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jdefed » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:57 am

I have both the ehome wmc ir receiver and the usb-irt. when I was using the usbirt what I found was(I have plenty of old remotes laying around) that all buttons aren't sending signals. I could never find a way to release all the buttons to be available. I tried programming different codes in the universal remotes but could never find a code to use all buttons on any given remote. so when I went to wmc 7 and got the ehome remote I had all the buttons available, but then I started getting into the issue of the m/s driver intercepting the signal and doing some double hits. so the only way around is to do the registry tweek, correct. so, is there no other way to disable a service or driver to stop the wmc7 from sending outputs?
jdefed

Postby Melloware » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:05 am

Not that I am aware of.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jdefed » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:19 am

ok. thanks
jdefed

Postby jdefed » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:16 pm

does the registry tweak for m/s (ehome) remote control affect the ir receiver for the keyboard and mouse.
jdefed

Postby Melloware » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:25 pm

jdefed wrote:does the registry tweak for m/s (ehome) remote control affect the ir receiver for the keyboard and mouse.

It might. I think it only affected the remote but I have never owned the MCE Keyboard and Mouse so I can't say for certain.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jdefed » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:40 pm

I did the registry tweak and it did not affect the ir receiver for the mouse and keyboard. I was still having some issues with the ehome receiver show double repeats on some button hits. removed the ehome receiver and added the usb-uirt and found a remote that used every button. learned the button(on the new remote) that was showing double hits on the ehome remote and now it is only running the script once as it should. now I have to program the new remote completely and hopefully everything will be ok. i'll let you know when I'm done.
jdefed

Postby jdefed » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:44 pm

I went back to the ehome receiver. the usb-uirt receiver I could not get the pc to wake with the remote. I found a remote I had that put out a code for every button, the remote is from my old ADS Tech tv card.
Doing the registry tweak disabled the whole mce( I am using wmc as a dvr) from loading, so I put that back. I also went back to my other problem with the double hitting on some keys, and after looking closely at the log file after I made adjustments, I found the problem seemed to be in the script writing.
Line 1: run("c:\program files\corel\windvd11\windvd.exe:)
Line 2: sleep(10000)
Line 3: send("^o",0)
Line 4: mouseclick("left", 677, 606, 1, 0)
Line 5: send("{left 6}",0)
The above script ran twice, so I removed all lines but the first. That ran correctly, adding the second line messed it up. I have extra buttons on this remote so I broke down the steps with 2 different buttons. 1st button opened the program with the app loader. The second button ran steps 3,4, and 5. That ran ok. I tried to add another step to the script to move the curser off the page with mousemove. That caused the script to run twice. So I took the mousemove and added that script to separate button and everything worked fine. I guess the question is can script writing be problematic? I know some of this infringed on another thread I have here so let me know if I should go back to that thread.
jdefed

Postby Melloware » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:52 pm

No this thread is fine.

I have never encountered script issues like you are seeing. As far as I know you might be the first person reporting it but its very strange. I think the real issue might be with SLEEP for 10 seconds. Because that pauses the app entirely and then continues while other things may be going on.

By breaking it into two distinct steps you are removing that step so the program starts up normally. And your other button just send the keyboard and mouse commands.

Most users map the "Power" or "Green" button on their remote in each profile to start the app so in your case WinDVD11. Then the other button would just be the script of keyboard and mouse commands. You are trying to combine both in one button so I think it is juts timing related with that Sleep for 10 seconds.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jdefed » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:57 pm

one thing I forgot to mention, my entire 5 step script with sleep worked fine when I had the usb-uirt hooked up.
jdefed

Postby Melloware » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:59 pm

jdefed wrote:one thing I forgot to mention, my entire 5 step script with sleep worked fine when I had the usb-uirt hooked up.

Oh so that script only doesn't work with the MCE remote but it works fine with the USB-UIRT?

OK that is then very strange. Something must be different about the way the driver for the MCE remote deals with it. Very interesting.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jdefed » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:43 pm

let me clarify, I was switching between the usb-uirt and the mce usb receiver. the mce receiver does let me use any remote. it didn't matter which remote I used, either one worked the same. I think the issue is in the mce receiver. another problem I just encounted is with the sleep/wake button using the mce receiver. the mce receiver has a red light when signal is receiver, any remote button activates it. I programed my ads tech remote to suspend, which it did. when I tried to wake it no response and no red light blink from receiver. so then without changing anything I grabbed the mce remote and pushed the power button, the pc woke. apparently the mce receiver will only except that one signal when it is sleeping. when the pc was sleeping I tried my other remotes and the red light on the mce receiver only responded to the power button from the mce remote, they must have all other signals blocked.
jdefed

Postby Melloware » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:27 am

Ahh that makes sense. MS must have programmed the BIOS to only wake when receiving that specific Power command from the MCE remote.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jdefed » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Have everything working with USB-UIRT. Using a directv remote and flashed the USB-UIRT to wake. mark as solved
jdefed

Return to Intelliremote