[SOLVED] Automatic profile switching?

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

[SOLVED] Automatic profile switching?

Postby newnews » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:16 pm

I have MCE Remote with IntelliRemote installed. I have 3 profiles i.e. IntelliRemote, XBMC,Karaokay. Can I do this:

Auto switch to IntelliRemote profile if both XBMC and Karaokay applications are closed.

Auto Switch to XBMC if XBMC application is running front

Auto switch to KaraOkay if Karaokay application is running front
newnews

Re: Automatic profile switching?

Postby Melloware » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Yes in the Intelliremote profile for the Activation TASK put the word "DEFAULT". If no other profile is active or window it will default back to the Intelliremote profile.

The auto-swtiching happens as long as you have the Activation Task with the right EXE for each profile. It watches the active window and will auto switch the profile.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby newnews » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Melloware wrote:Yes in the Intelliremote profile for the Activation TASK put the word "DEFAULT". If no other profile is active or window it will default back to the Intelliremote profile.

The auto-swtiching happens as long as you have the Activation Task with the right EXE for each profile. It watches the active window and will auto switch the profile.

Great! I do not know I can put word DEFAULT there. Now it is working perfectly. Thanks.

Another question is how to configure one button for two actions, i.e. I want to configure one button to open the application if it is not running, and to close it if it is already running.
newnews

Postby Melloware » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:07 am

No problem. Map you button to a Script Event that is CommandLine with the third param TOGGLE.

Code: Select all
CommandLine("C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe", "", "TOGGLE")

That script event will start iTunes if it is not open and close it if it is already open.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby newnews » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Melloware wrote:No problem. Map you button to a Script Event that is CommandLine with the third param TOGGLE.

Code: Select all
CommandLine("C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe", "", "TOGGLE")

That script event will start iTunes if it is not open and close it if it is already open.

That is awesome. Most of keys on my MCE remote works with XBMC out of box, if I use XBMC profile in Intelliremote, how can it interfere with XBMC own mapping? Fighting each other?

Also, since I set Intelliremote to default, so all windows except xbmc and karaokay will use intelliremote profile. Now I want to disable all profile when I use one particular software, is this possible?
newnews

Re: [SOLVED] Automatic profile switching?

Postby Melloware » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:58 am

The only way this is possible is if in the XBMC profile you set all the events you want Intelliremote not to do anything set to Key Event = <none>.

This will tell Intelliremote to do nothing when XMBC is active and that remote button is pressed.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] Automatic profile switching?

Postby newnews » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:03 am

Thank you for all your helpful advice.
newnews

Return to Intelliremote