[SOLVED] Aquaero support?

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

[SOLVED] Aquaero support?

Postby Asafin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:50 am

Does Intelliremote offer any interoperability with recent Aquaero front panels, which have IR receiver eye? I have the latest Aquaero 6 Pro USB, which is stated to be able to route IR signals forward through USB, but I haven't still been able see any signs suggesting the existence of the Aquaero nor its signals in Intelliremote. I'm using it atm with my X-Fi front panel.
Asafin

Re: Aquaero support?

Postby Melloware » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:29 pm

Did you run Start->Programs->Intelliremote->HID Tester and press some buttons on your remote? Do that and paste the results from the bottom window here...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Asafin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:38 am

1st of all thx for the fast reply! There really is Aquaero devices listed in the HID tester. Covering the X-Fi panel IR eye and pushing keys on a remote in front of my PC (Aquaero and X-Fi are both side by side installed front panels) there definitely is some added action on the HID tester input data. But there is constant input data flow not matter if I use the remote and even still if I remove the Logitech mouse/keyboard USB receivers, when all that is left on the top window is the five Aquaero devices. Should I still try to grab the data and copy paste it here?

my HID tester view:
http://i57.tinypic.com/53kdoh.jpg

and the receiver panels (with modded Aquaero 6 Pro USB custom front panel):
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/an0nyymi/DSC01365_zpsb1d880f3.jpg
Asafin

Postby Asafin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:39 am

I'm just thinking out loud here. The constant data flow HID tester shows, that's supposedly coming from Aquaero ("VID=$0C70 PID=$F001" refers to Aquaero, am I right?) might be the fan RPM/temperature & other data the panel is sending back through USB to communicate with Aquasuite. Aquasuite is the software for Aquaero panels, from which the panel can be set up, monitored and controlled, although it can work fully independently. I suppose those IR remote commands the panel forwards through USB, are just placed there in between. If it's any help, the panel can show IR codes it catches, like in the pic below.

http://i59.tinypic.com/11274n9.jpg

Btw. as far as I know these are the best fan/overall system control panels that can be owned, so if this is to be looked at and full compatibility is to be had, I'm sure many people besides me will be pleased.
Asafin

Postby Melloware » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:09 am

OK a couple of things...

1. Yes the Aquaero is VID=$0C70 PID=$F001" so that is what i would need to add to Intelliremote to start picking it up.

2. The issue I have is that is seems like your device is sending a lot of noise like you said maybe Fan Temp or something so telling real remote signals apart from other signals may be tough. Can you tell when you press a few remote keys by capturing the HID input if the remote HID codes are somehow more identifiable than other signals?

Also you don't need to send screenshots you can cut and paste from HID tester right into here. It's juts text.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Asafin » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:04 am

Unfortunately the input rate makes it impossible to grab any text successfully to be copy pasted from the HID Tester window. I tried, but nothing gets copied. I was pretty fast, but I'm not sure if it's even possible the way it is updated...? There are around four to five new inputs per second.

But meanwhile while figuring that out, here's *more* pics :D. I definitely managed to identify the commands from remote. All the button presses from that small HewletPackard MediaCenter remote pictured below starts with "15 80 0F 04..." and differs there forth (not sure if this remote was stated "unsupported" altogether by Intelliremote, though?). Intelliremote does not respond in any way to button presses from this remote (edit: through X-Fi panel, I mean).
http://i58.tinypic.com/majoug.png

But this second remote (a combined telly remote) is something I have been using so far with Intelliremote. All button presses from this remote seems to start on the HID tester with "02 FB 04..." and differ from there onwards. Here's a code from a particular button shown simultaneously on Intelliremote (via X-Fi panel) and HID Tester (via Aquaero panel):
http://i59.tinypic.com/wjz4lw.png

Let me know if you come up with a way to grab text from that window. I'm sure it'll be tons more easy to manage this in a text form, rather than to read from a picture.
Asafin

Postby Asafin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:12 pm

Just wondering if this is being looked at? I'd be happy to provide any assistance, would I know how to.
Asafin

Postby Melloware » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:02 am

I will tell you what I will send you a BETA tha tyou can try but no promises it will actually behave the way you want. I am worried that it just sends too much noise to make Intelliremote usable but I guess we will find out!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Asafin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:14 am

Sounds great! Can't wait to be the test patient. ;)

PS: You have my email address?
Asafin

Postby Melloware » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:19 am

I will email your address you are using for this forum if that is OK?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Asafin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:35 am

Melloware wrote:I will email your address you are using for this forum if that is OK?

Yes, thank you.
Asafin

Postby Melloware » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:27 pm

OK custom BETA sent to you. Let me know how it goes.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Asafin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:33 am

I’ve now spent about forty five minutes with that beta. First run the program stopped accepting/receiving any signals/HID input, weather from Aquaero or X-Fi panel after about one minute into testing. I noticed I had logging on. I disabled that and restarted, and it hasn’t done that again. It has a constant flow of input data, as expected. The rate looks like about one new remote signal refresh per second on the Info tab, without remote controller presses. For this test I mainly used that credit card sized HP Media Center remote, as Intelliremote responded to it, which wasn’t the case until now. I had the X-Fi panel well covered for further testing, to discard it. The problem is, that when I try to Learn Code for a button press I get Unrecognized Remote Command as a result on the Info tab. I tried this at least fifty times, with different techniques, by keeping the remote button already pressed down or hitting it repeatedly as fast as I could and anything between when I click Learn Code. A code is learned within the second, weather I point and press any button towards Aquaero panel or not, but there is noticeable variation in delay in method.

One of the first thing that comes to my mind suggests trying to filter out that redundant HID data coming from Aquaero, although I’m not the right person to evaluate how easily that is managed. Anyway the remote signals are clearly and easily told apart on the Info tab from anything else and they have unchanging set of character at the beginning of the string per remote. As I wrote earlier regarding the HID tester, similarly all presses from this particular HP remote reads on Intelliremote Info tab “15 80 0F 04…” and differs from there. Redundant inputs are nothing like any button presses from any remote I tested.

Anyway, thank you so far for providing that beta. I’m willing to test further if you have anything in mind. :)

edit: What might or might not also be worth mentioning is, that with the X-Fi panel IR eye covered, when I press an already learnt button on a remote I regularly use I get Unrecognized Remote Command on Info tab, contrary to as when I uncover the X-Fi panel that same command is recognized and labeled.
Asafin

Postby Melloware » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Your only shot won't be using the "Learn Code" feature because there is too much data flowing from your Aquaero to catch.

1. Stop Intelliremote.

2. You will have to use the HID TESTER, press a button and isolate the HID Signal the remote generated.

3. Edit the XML profile in an editor like Notepad++ or any other text or XML editor and find the button you want to map.

4. Copy the HID code you captured from the HID Tester and paste it into the <HIDSignal></HIDSignal> section of the button you want to map.

5. REstart Intelliremote.

6. Now press that button on the remote and see if Intelliremote acts on it.

If not I think the problem is just the Aquaero sending too much HID Data and Intelliremote can't tell remote button presses from any other HID data it is sending.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Asafin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Goodness gracious. There’s gonna be an awful lot of awkward typing. I’ll report once I do the first button. Any hope you’d implement some kind of pause feature for that HID tester, to grab data under these kind of conditions or a log file write?
Asafin

Next

Return to Intelliremote