Learned commands not working

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

Learned commands not working

Postby lukas » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:40 pm

I'm having trouble learning commands with my MCE remote and USB receiver. It's Pinnacle brand, and I used it with Intelliremote for several years, mostly for actions from learned commands. I'm running 2.8.3.920, on Windows 7.

I moved and stopped using Intelliremote it for a while, now I need it again, and cannot get it to respond to any previously learned commands, or learn new commands. Same computer, nothing has been changed. The MCE remote commands are recognized (system tray blinks, and works fine with Media Center) but nothing with the commands I had previously learned, and no response if I try learning a new (non-MCE) command. I've tried all the usual stuff, restarting Intelliservice, re-installing, wiping settings, but nothing has worked.

Any ideas?
lukas

Re: Learned commands not working

Postby Melloware » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:57 am

Do me a favor. Run Start->Programs->Intelliremote->HID Tester

Press every single button on your remote. If it sends a "HID" signal in the bottom window that button can be learned. If it sends "1" or "2" that is a button that just sends a keyboard keystroke and cannot be learned by Intelliremote. Can you verify?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby lukas » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:43 am

I see commands (MCE:string) when I press buttons on the MCE remote, but not when I press buttons on another remote. Should I see HID commands with any IR commands the IR receiver sees?

I know it's compatible, because I used it for years without trouble (same USB receiver, same 3rd party remote).
lukas

Postby lukas » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:25 am

One more question: should I see the IR receiver under HID Devices in Intelliremote? There's nothing listed, but it shows the Intelliservice MCE Remote service running under socket connections. Device Manager shows Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver in HID.
lukas

Postby Melloware » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am

OK so you asked multiple questions...

1. NO you cannot just point any remote at the IR Receiver and get HID Data. IR Receivers only listens to remotes that send the same frequency. So the MCE Remote is the only one that generate any kind of HID Signal.

2. Yes since you have an MCE Remote do the following...

A. In Control Panel->Services find and STOP and DISABLE Intelliservice.

B. Restart Intelliremote.

Do you see the tray icon blink now when you press buttons on your remote?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby lukas » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:13 pm

I did some more troubleshooting, and here's what I found:
Without Intelliservice, only MCE commands make the system tray blink (but show as unrecognized commands on the info tab).
With Intelliservice, MCE buttons work (make the system tray blink and show as recognized commands in info tab). I tried buttons on several other remotes, and found some remotes do work, and others don't -- strangely the remote I had previously been using to trigger events no longer works (this was the only remote I was trying earlier).

Is there anything in the setup/drivers/etc. that could cause a previously recognized remote to stop being read properly? Or do you think it's a hardware problem with the IR receiver (though the LED on the receiver itself goes on with every button press)?

Thanks for the help.
lukas

Postby Melloware » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:44 am

Hmm I will admit a remote that used to work that no longer works is quite strange. I definitely can't explain that other than possibly drivers?

I don't think its hardware related to the IR reciever the fact that it does work for some remotes.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote