Allowing buttons to retain their original IR code

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

Allowing buttons to retain their original IR code

Postby Keylonta » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:43 am

Hi, is there a "soft through" option for allowing certain buttons to retain their original IR code? For instance I'd like to retain the original MCE power button. Is this possible or do all MCE buttons have to have new events assigned to them?
Keylonta

Re: Allowing buttons to retain their original IR code

Postby Melloware » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:59 am

If you want Intelliremote to ignore a button then simply go to the Customize tab of Intelliremote and find the MCE Power button and set it to Key Event = <none>. This essentially tells Intelliremote not to do anything with this button press.

Is that what you want?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Keylonta » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:45 pm

No, I want the original button to bypass Intelliremote (soft through) and not have it's IR code modified, e.g. when I push the power button I want it to send that command to the PC unchanged.

Is this possible?
Keylonta

Postby Melloware » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:15 am

Keylonta wrote:No, I want the original button to bypass Intelliremote (soft through) and not have it's IR code modified, e.g. when I push the power button I want it to send that command to the PC unchanged.

Is this possible?

That is what happens. Intelliremote does not modify the incoming HID code. Intelliremote either processes it or ignores it. So if you tell Intelliremote to ignore MCE Power that HID code is still sent to all listening programs to be acted upon.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Keylonta » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:34 am

How do I tell Intelliremote to ignore incoming HID code?

I tested a few buttons on my media center remote like "Mute", "Enter", "Green button" etc. I set them with Key Event set to <none> but their HID code didn't get through. I then tried deleting the Buttons that had the previously mentioned remote buttons assigned to them but still the remote buttons HID code didn't get through.
Keylonta

Postby Melloware » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:04 am

Keylonta wrote:How do I tell Intelliremote to ignore incoming HID code?

I tested a few buttons on my media center remote like "Mute", "Enter", "Green button" etc. I set them with Key Event set to <none> but their HID code didn't get through. I then tried deleting the Buttons that had the previously mentioned remote buttons assigned to them but still the remote buttons HID code didn't get through.

When you say the HID codes didn't get through what do you mean? If you press a button on your remote and on the Intelliremote Info tab it says "Last Command: Unrecognized" then Intelliremote ignored the HID. It does not manipulate the HID's in any way all other programs will still receive that HID signal. It sounds like you may have some other issue in your setup. But it sounds to me like you have told Intelliremote to ignore those HID signals and its ignoring them properly.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Keylonta » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:55 pm

When you say the HID codes didn't get through what do you mean?

Media Center isn't receiving the HID signals ignored by Intelliremote.

It does not manipulate the HID's in any way all other programs will still receive that HID signal.

Media Center isn’t receiving any HID signals from my remote after installing Intelliremote. The only way I can get the remote to control MCE is by assigning the buttons to Intelliremote so Intelliremote can send the key events. MCE buttons that say "Last Command: Unrecognized" are not received by MCE. Also if I exit out of Intelliremote, then no HID signals from my remotes (I have a few remotes that all send standard MCE HID signals) are received by MCE.

But it sounds to me like you have told Intelliremote to ignore those HID signals and its ignoring them properly.

Yes but the signals are not being received by MCE.

It sounds like you may have some other issue in your setup.

After installing Intelliremote what would be causing the ignored HID signals to not be received by MCE?
Keylonta

Postby Melloware » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:09 am

OHHH! I see what you are saying. Read this thread. Intelliremote installer disables this be default because most users don't want MCE taking action while they are using Intelliremote. But if you want to use Intelliremote AND MCE at the same time just do the instructions in this link.

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6130#p15186
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Keylonta » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:17 pm

I don't want to enable all the MCE remote buttons to take action while using Intelliremote. Is it possible to choose which MCE remote buttons to enable?

So if you tell Intelliremote to ignore MCE Power that HID code is still sent to all listening programs to be acted upon.

What do you mean by this? I thought you meant that if I tell Intelliremote to ignore the MCE remote Power button then it's HID code is still sent to MCE. I'm confused.
Keylonta

Postby Melloware » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:49 am

Keylonta wrote:I don't want to enable all the MCE remote buttons to take action while using Intelliremote. Is it possible to choose which MCE remote buttons to enable?

So if you tell Intelliremote to ignore MCE Power that HID code is still sent to all listening programs to be acted upon.

What do you mean by this? I thought you meant that if I tell Intelliremote to ignore the MCE remote Power button then it's HID code is still sent to MCE. I'm confused.

Yes but that registry tweak by Intelliremote shuts that off that is because most users don't want that. Let's take for example you want to use XMBC or VLC Video Player with control by intelliremote. And you map your VLC profile to the MCE Green Button to start up VLC. However when you press the green button on your remote both VLC and MCE Start because MCE is still listening to your remote. Same with the power button. Well 99% of users DO NOT want that behavior.

You are the 1% that does want that behavior. So to re-enable MCE you need to do the registry trick listed in that post above.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Keylonta » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:06 pm

Okay, from what I understand, individual remote buttons can not be set to bypass Intelliremote.

The reason I want to retain the original power button from the MCE remote is because when I use Intelliremote to put the PC to sleep the command prompt window pops up while it's being executed. Is there any way to hide this window so that it's the same as the MCE remote power button where no command prompt window appears?
Keylonta

Postby Melloware » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:59 am

Keylonta wrote:Okay, from what I understand, individual remote buttons can not be set to bypass Intelliremote.

The reason I want to retain the original power button from the MCE remote is because when I use Intelliremote to put the PC to sleep the command prompt window pops up while it's being executed. Is there any way to hide this window so that it's the same as the MCE remote power button where no command prompt window appears?

Unfortunately if you read ad nauseam this thread it explains why we use the sleep.exe to properly put the machine to sleep...

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7837
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Keylonta » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:54 pm

To Hide the Command Prompt window while entering Windows 7 sleep I did the following:

1. Use the free version of "Advanced BAT to EXE Converter" to create an exe. file from the sleep command line "rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState". When creating the exe. file, name it "Sleep" and set the option to "Start Invisible" so the Command Prompt window is hidden when it runs.

http://www.battoexeconverter.com/

2. For the PC to sleep, Hibernation must be disabled otherwise the PC will Hibernate. Run as administrator Command Prompt with the command line "powercfg -h off" to turn off Hibernation.

3. Replace the C:\Program Files\Melloware\Intelliremote\sleep.exe with the new one.
Keylonta

Postby Melloware » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:42 am

Awesome work!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote