POWER DVD 15 Skip Forward

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

POWER DVD 15 Skip Forward

Postby GACSALY » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:16 pm

I have Windows 7 pro, MCE, PowerDVD15, Ortek VRC-1100 receiver, with Harmony remote sending Ortek.
I want to make the key behavior in PowerDVD15 match (as closely as possible) the behavior in MCE.
For example I want Skip Forward to go forward 1 min and Skip Backward go back 30 sec which is what I have in MCE.
All of the keys do what I want in MCE and Most of the keys already do what I want in PowerDVD15, there are just a few I want to remap to get a uniform experience.

I downloaded the trial version of Intelliremote and I think it is operating correctly...
I made a PowerDVD15 profile and added Notepad.exe to the exe list and I see Intelliremote switching applications correctly. I mapped Skip Forward to SHIFT-RIGHT_ARROW and learned the IR and I see +{RIGHT} in the debug log, and in notepad I see the correct behaviour (for SHIFT-RIGHT_ARROW). BUT PowerDVD15 seems to ignore this mapping and continues to do the chapter forward and back functions.

I suspect that the latest version of PowerDVD is doing its own (non-customizable) IR signal mapping.

I used to have an system with an iMON and ArcSoft DVD software and I had all this working (until hit by lightning). ArcSoft is dead, and I can't find iMON (dead?), and I think iMON would have the same trouble with these PowerDVD keys.

I may try a kludge of seeing what keys I am able to map for PowerDVD, then use Harmony to map those keys to the buttons I want (an unnatural mapping), then use Intelliremote to restore a logical mapping for MCE and PowerDVD.
For example take the Ortek BLUE and map it to the Fast-Forward Short-Press (which I use for Skip-Foreward) then in Intelliremote map BLUE to CTRL-F in MCE and SHIFT-RIGHT_ARROW in PowerDVD.

Before I embark on that, I thought someone may have crossed this bridge before, and know some tips that might make this easier.

THANKS!

Also thanks for Inelliremote, you did a great job with the user interface! I will happily send money if I can get this to work!
GACSALY

Re: POWER DVD 15 Skip Forward

Postby Melloware » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:10 am

Hey thanks for the feeback! A couple of things to note and to try...

1. Some apps for some reason don't respect "virtual" keyboard keystrokes like real keyboard keystrokes. You might want to just search these forums for PowerDVD because I know we have a lot of PowerDVD users.

2. If you look in our donated profiles http://melloware.biz/products/intellire ... ofiles.zip there is a couple of PowerDVD profiles already in there that may help you.

3. In the PowerDVD14 profile I notice for "Aspect Ratio" button is mapped to a Script event of ...

Code: Select all
ControlSend("CyberLink PowerDVD 9.0","", "", "u", 0)

It looks like to get this working the user had to use the CotnrolSend AutoIT command to send this command directly to the window which looks like he is sending "u". This rings a bells similar to your Fast Forward problem.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby GACSALY » Sun May 01, 2016 1:56 pm

I have given up on the Ortek receiver and Harmony device profile.
I just got a USB-UIRT.
I have seen many posts asking what is the best Harmony Device profile to use with the USB-UIRT/Intelliremote/Harmony/MCE and seen comments like:

Now your only choice will be picking what remote you want your Harmoney One to emulate. :)

I have seen many posts about harmony device profiles NOT to use.
But I could not find a recommendation of what should be used.
Well there are thousands of harmony remote device profiles.
I want to pick one that:
Has MANY IR sequences defined
Does not do reflection
Does not send any keystrokes
Even Better would be:
Someone already has an intelliremote profile for MCE for that Harmony Device Profile.
Someone already has an intelliremote profile for PowerDVD for that Harmony Device Profile.
Logitech has already has a named device profile with button definitions for Intelliremote/MCE.

So...any recommendations?

In the meantime I am going to try some Harmony Imon profiles, as I used to have this working with ImonHardware/ImonSoftware/Harmony/MCE/ArcSoft DVD
GACSALY

Postby Melloware » Mon May 02, 2016 6:50 am

I think you have the gist exactly right, definitely find a remote profile that does not use Reflection.

Other than that users seems to make it a personal preference and no one has ever sent me any profiles mapped to a specific Harmony profile.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby GACSALY » Mon May 02, 2016 2:31 pm

Surprising!
I have a request into Logitech...
I am going to try to get them to create a device profile for USB-UIRT for MCE IR Keyboard using as much of the RC-5 IR command set as they can handle in one device (hoping for >=100 commands) mapped (arbitrarily) to every MCE IR Keyboard Keynames.
I will let you know if I get what I want.

Thanks for Intelliremote...just paid for it. It seems to do just what I want.
GACSALY

Postby Melloware » Tue May 03, 2016 6:37 am

Awesome! Feel free to send me your final XML profile once you get everything set up for the Harmony the way you want.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote