USB HID remote not working (Dvico FusionHDTV)

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

USB HID remote not working (Dvico FusionHDTV)

Postby shiznix » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:37 am

Hi I'm new to using Intelliremote so please bare with me if what i'm discussing is an FAQ or known bug.

My problem is that my USB DViCO FusionHDTV remote does not work with Intelliremote even though it is listed as a supported remote.

Firing up the 'HID Device Tester' recognises the remote but pressing any buttons does nothing (no HID strings are displayed).

I can confirm the remote itself to be working as plugging it into a different PC works fine.
The only difference I can see that might be part of the problem is that Intelliremote does not work on the PC running Windows10.

Any clues to what I can do to get the remote working?

shiznix

Re: USB HID remote not working (Dvico FusionHDTV)

Postby Melloware » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:50 am

So if you use our HID Tester and it does not produce any HID Strings that is a bad sign. Can you do me a favor can you paste here the USB VID and PID from the HID tester of your device?

DVICO makes lots of remotes called Fusion so it is possible we supported 1 version of it but the newer ones maybe not.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby shiznix » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Sure, here is the USB VID and PID values from HID Tester:

"DVICO USB HID Remocon V1.00" VID=$0FE9 PID=$9010

EDIT: On further testing have found the problem lies with Windows10 and the HID driver for this remote.
I'm not sure Intelliremote can do anything about this as no other remote software is able to have this remote work with Windows10 either.
All is well if I plug the remote into a Windows7 machine and works with all remote software including Intelliremote.

Looks like I'll have to upgrade to a different remote to coincide with the Windows10 upgrade.
Sorry for the noise and I hope the Windows10 problems are limited to just this brand/model HID remote.

I won't be holding my breath for any updates from Dvico on this as they also obsoleted the TV card that was packaged with this remote when failing to release any 64bit drivers.

Thanks anyway :)
shiznix

Postby Melloware » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Thanks for posting this update. I would have never guessed HID Driver issues but I guess now than Win 10 is mainstream I have to expect this more and more from some remotes...
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote