New IR receiver, double button problem on Windows 7

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

New IR receiver, double button problem on Windows 7

Postby dtrottman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Hi, my old IR receiver died so I bought a new one, Inteset USB External Infrared (IR) Media Center Receiver with Cable. After plugging in, I am now getting the double button problem. I did not have the problem with the old receiver. I have rebooted the system after plugging in the new receiver. Intelliservice is running, and the CodeSetNum(0-3) have values 1-4. What other info can I give you to figure out what is going on?

Adding info...
I opened Notepad and press "1" on my remote. I see "11" so I understand both Intelliremote and something else are listening to my remote.
I opened regedit and saw this registry key:
KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da

I assume the answer is to delete this registry key. I will once you confirm. My question is why doesn't intelliservice deal with this? Is it because I bought an IR receiver that is MCE specific?

Thanks! Doug
dtrottman

Re: New IR receiver, double button problem on Windows 7

Postby dtrottman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 pm

This is an update to my original post. I haven't heard from Melloware so I took a chance and deleted the remote registry key like was suggested in another post that I copied into my question. That worked fine. It would be nice to get some explanation about why I had to do that. However, I am happy to be back in business.
dtrottman

Re: New IR receiver, double button problem on Windows 7

Postby Melloware » Sat May 13, 2017 6:55 am

Every remote is different and sometimes deleting that registry key tells the MS Driver that you "have no remote" so it stops responding to the events and only Intelliremote will.

What was happening before was the MS Driver + Intelliremote were both responding to remote events. Our Installer removes that registry entry but we have seen if you re-install or do Windows Updates sometimes it puts that registry key back.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote