WMP/MCE remote connection play/pause issue

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the Intelliremote application.

WMP/MCE remote connection play/pause issue

Postby Keylonta » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:10 am

I’m having an issue pausing and playing music in MCE. When I pause music it makes a clicking sound and the music keeps playing. I have to push the pause button 5 or 6 times to get it to pause, then when I play the music again it skips to the beginning of the next song.

The issue ONLY happens when Intelliremote is running; the MCE profile is active; and WMP is open and has a remote connection to MCE. I’m using a WMP audio plugin which is why the remote connection is required for it to process the MCE audio. The issue doesn’t happen when I use my keyboard to perform the play/pause shortcut keys, or use the dedicated play/pause media button on the keyboard. For some reason the issue is exclusive to Intelliremote.

For the Intelliremote MCE profile I have tried play/pause shortcut keys; the play/pause command from the “Key Event” Key dropdown menu; and play/pause script events but in all cases the issue persists. It’s kind of like, when I push the pause button on the remote, it pauses for a micro second and then plays again, causing a clicking sound. It’s really random too; sometimes it will pause straight away, other times I have to just keep pushing the pause button until it pauses, then if I leave the music paused for a minute or so, it will skip to the next song when I play the music again. I can’t work out why it’s doing it, any ideas?
Keylonta

Re: WMP/MCE remote connection play/pause issue

Postby Melloware » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:28 am

Make sure on the Intelliremote Settings page you set Log Level to DEBUG and then run through your scenario again.

Check out the logs and make sure Intelliremote is doing what you expect?

If it is then I suspect some other program or the app itself is listening to the commands and so when you press Pause its actually getting Intelliremote's Pause/Play and then the other apps Pause/Play causing it to Pause, then immediately start playing again.

You have to find the other source and disable it similar to this article: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6130
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliremote